Moosehead's Highway Pegs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So...........you can put a skull and bones logo on it? As part of the nonHH club here.....I may interested.

Far out Moose.

Alas poor Moose,

Here’s hoping you won’t be deluged with requests.

I for one, am not going to ask you if you could make me a set from that plastic stuff, now what’s it called---delrin.

Nor will I ask for the footrest bar to be a recessed “double fold” type. thereby increasing peg length further from the fairing.

And finally, I wouldn’t even consider asking for a slight vertical rudder (adjustable of course) designed into a set that would allow me to direct a bit of airflow.

AIGF :bike: LOL

HOLY FRICKEN NICE DESIGN!!!

Will keep checking to find out if and how much... just may have to dig deep for this one as I am always looking for somewhere else to put my feet.

FJR Jon

So...........you can put a skull and bones logo on it? As part of the nonHH club here.....I may interested.

All ya had to do was ask

FJRhighwaypegsliderskull.jpg

bravo, moose! this engineer/moto nut/tinkerer bows to your ingenuity and execution of design!

if you do make some to sell, i will most definitely be in line with all the others.

Nice. very nice. I just picked up an 07 in Milwaukee and rode it home do Dayton Ohio. Definately relized I need risers and hi way foot rests. I may be interested if you marketed them

3. I will post some side pics soon. For me, they are just barely long enough. My knees are still touching the cowling when my feet are on the pegs. The problem is the further out the foot rests are in the open position, either the whole unit gets longer or it sticks further out from the bike. It's still fairly comfortable and as a side bonus I get a nice breeze up my pants and cool feet.
Love the design!

What's your inseam length?

To get a longer peg length could you create wedge to cut down on the thickness? Would that change the "strike point" should it's slider function be needed and cause lever action on the bolt to the frame?

Add me to your list if you decide to make some! I'd take a set with only the FJR logo it.

Do you recommend paint or stain on the wooden version. Maybe one made of teak? :D

Ok...seriously. Nice setup. Would be interested as well if you sell 'em in the future.

I'm in for a set ;) if you go that way... They do seem like they might be a little short, I have the Leo slider peg add'ons and they are about right.

Very lovely. I liked the looks of Skyway's aluminum sliders, too. Guessing that this won't slide well. They sure look nice, though. Very nice workmanship.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone,

Thanks for all the kind words and requests, but I hadn't actually designed, built or posted these foot pegs with the intent of making and selling more. I had what I thought was a cool original idea, some spare time this winter and access to our machine shop at work, so I made a set. If I was retired and had a small mill at home I would like nothing better than to make bushels of foot pegs for everyone. But alas I just don't have the time.

I gave the design to our CNC dept. and asked them to give me a price to make more and here is what they came up with:

complete unit in aluminum $350.00 per side (thats $350 for your left foot and $350 for your right foot)

complete unit in stainless steel $550.00 per side

complete unit in pine $free$ to "Hit The Road Jack" and "Hart" for being so witty

I'm sure if the design was simpler and you had confirmed quantities you might get the price down to something more reasonable.

Besides, why does everyone want highway pegs anyway? Aren't we riding the most comfortable bike every made??

Oh yeah, here are the side pics as requested:

IMGP0020.jpg

IMGP0018.jpg

Hello everyone,
Thanks for all the kind words and requests, but I hadn't actually designed, built or posted these foot pegs with the intent of making and selling more. I had what I thought was a cool original idea, some spare time this winter and access to our machine shop at work, so I made a set. If I was retired and had a small mill at home I would like nothing better than to make bushels of foot pegs for everyone. But alas I just don't have the time.

I gave the design to our CNC dept. and asked them to give me a price to make more and here is what they came up with:

complete unit in aluminum $350.00 per side (thats $350 for your left foot and $350 for your right foot)

complete unit in stainless steel $550.00 per side

complete unit in pine $free$ to "Hit The Road Jack" and "Hart" for being so witty

I'm sure if the design was simpler and you had confirmed quantities you might get the price down to something more reasonable.
Damn... Great design and idea.

I would be interested in a pair. I would prefer the design without logos. If you set up a group buy you might be able to get confirmed numbers of interested people and could then figure out the cost per person.

Good luck and great work!

Just got back from a 3200. + mile road trip covering NM, AZ, CA, NV, UT, and CO in six days, these would have been great to have. Please let me know if you can put together a price. I can't wait too long to add a set though as I'm planning another Iron Butt ride. By the way where do I pick up my iron butt award?

Just got back from a 3200. + mile road trip covering NM, AZ, CA, NV, UT, and CO in six days, these would have been great to have. Please let me know if you can put together a price. I can't wait too long to add a set though as I'm planning another Iron Butt ride. By the way where do I pick up my iron butt award?
OOF, I guess I should read before I reply, I guess that still just leaves the Wild Bill highway pegs for the FJR. I hear that they are very functional, but they sure are ugly, like two warts on the side of an FJR.