More News From Oregon

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowmonkey

Reaction score
It was 2 a.m. and with Clackamas County sheriff's deputies hot in pursuit, Casey Victor Fowler saw a building ahead that might make a good hiding place.

What he didn't know was that building was the sheriff's office.

The 18-year-old Southeast Portland man, who deputies say minutes earlier had been driving a stolen motorcycle, tried to open the back door. But it was locked. So he ran around the building and crouched under a bush next to Undersheriff Charley Bowen's office.

That's where deputies, who are familiar with the terrain, nabbed him Thursday morning.

"It was dark, and he didn't realize where he was," said Detective Jim Strovink, a sheriff's spokesman. "He was confused."

The foot chase started after a sheriff's sergeant attempted to stop Fowler for driving a motorcycle without its lights on.

Instead of making a break for nearby Interstate 205, where Fowler and the $30,000 racing motorcycle may have eluded them, deputies say, Fowler turned into the parking lot of Gallery Furniture at 12670 Southeast 82nd Avenue and ran.

He lost both shoes, found his path blocked briefly by a chain-link fence and fell in a creek. But he kept sprinting toward the building ahead: the North Station of the sheriff's office.

Fowler was in Clackamas County Jail on charges of burglary, and police continue to investigate the case. Fowler could not be reached for comment

He was pretty stupid to steal a motorcycle. The other stuff is forgiveable, but stealing a bike is very much like stealing a horse and he should be strung up.

I know one of the deputies who arrested this clown. They were laughing so hard, they could barely get the guy into custody when they scooped him. This guy is your typical Clackamas County rocket scientist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey,

I'm from Crack-a-myass County! Just because we have more than our share of meth-heads and HD riders doesn't make us all bad. ;)

Bill

I live in the same county and have always marveled that the meth-heads will work their asses off taking local bridges apart to sell the metal for scrap, but they wouldn't work one damn minute for a paycheck. This is no joke. Anymore while riding in the rural areas I have to wonder if a bridge I cross might fall out from under me. Strange times we live in.

I live in the same county and have always marveled that the meth-heads will work their asses off taking local bridges apart to sell the metal for scrap, but they wouldn't work one damn minute for a paycheck. This is no joke. Anymore while riding in the rural areas I have to wonder if a bridge I cross might fall out from under me. Strange times we live in.
Trust me, this is true with ALL the tweakers!!!

Rick

I recently sold a car to a woman who worked for the Oregon Liquor Control Commission (Same County). They also monitor our state's bottle return program. She cited a case where three individuals (now that is a ring, right?) gathered unreturnable bottles, pasted photocopied returnable lables on them and took them to the deposit machines. They got a nickle for each one. Could this be a gene pool thing?

Latest posts