Moto GP - Extreme Lean Angle

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blocked, Dorna content removed. Boo!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm...Anyone else notice they use the center of the tire to measure 0 degrees, but measure past the tire to the inside elbow to come up with 64 degrees? The lean angle us impressive, but there's no reason to make it more than it is.

Every once in a while, when I get into a corner going a little faster than I'd planned, I hit lean angles of nearly 20 degrees. Downright SCARY. But being a retired machinist, I know my angles well. Maybe I could be wonna dem GP riders? Do they allow car tires? I'd hate to have to shoe on a new back tire just for one race - when there's still plenty of tread left on this one: it's only got 33k on it.

Gary

darksider #44

If you hit 64 degrees of lean angle with a CT, you WILL burst into flames!
biggrin.png

It's not just achieving a 64 degree lean angle that is impressive, it's that they get the bike returned to 0 degrees. Hell, I've achieved a 90 degree lean angle a time or two. Back up to 0 degrees... not so much.
That's what I was thinking. I've dragged my elbow a few times; what's the big deal? A couple of times I even rode the bike back home after my friends helped me pick it up.