Moto GP Spain

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugnatr

Reaction score
:yahoo: :yahoo: What a race finish, had to watch the last 3 laps twice. Yamaha rocks, Lorenzo is getting better but isn't it amazing how Rossi finds a way to win.

104 air, 120 track temp- good thing it's a dry heat :)

Stoner held onto a distant 3rd, he sure looked cooked during the interview.

This was a fantastic race...watched it recorded, may watch it again! Amazing to see those two at the front go for it.

i think stoner was sick.... didn't look so good....

This is one of the perfect examples where 'spoiler' in the title isn't necessary, IMO. I don't care if you knew who won or didn't, there's no way you can look at that last lap and be disappointed.

Would like to see some others dancing around the front, but, is what it is.

It was a great finish... I lost count of the lead changes between Rossi and Lorenzo. Yami 1 - 2 finish... love it. Did you enjoy the race Honda?

Great race, and specially the last few laps. I didn't think he was going to do it, but Lorenzo has learned - you have never beaten Rossi until you have crossed the line in front of him.

I don't know that I've ever seen a last lap as exciting as this one. I was up out of my chair hollering at the TV! In the post race interview Stoner said he was sick, cramping, and weak, and that it was getting worse.

I don't know that I've ever seen a last lap as exciting as this one. I was up out of my chair hollering at the TV!
Me too... as was my son who isn't even interested in MC racing. I thought the announcers were going to have a heart attack. :yahoo:

Rossi had to BRING HIS KNEEE IN to make that one pass on the outside under braking!

I love this new-ish thing they are doing by dangling the leg out under hard braking..looks like they are about to bail, or Motard it...

If it was on TV I missed it. Grrrrr... . Anybody know if it is going to be rebroadcast? Which network -- SPEED? If so I have never had much luck figuring out when they broadcast the races. I just got new cable and even more confused where stations are....

Sounds like I missed a good one.

Rossi had to BRING HIS KNEEE IN to make that one pass on the outside under braking!
I love this new-ish thing they are doing by dangling the leg out under hard braking..looks like they are about to bail, or Motard it...
New? Kevin Schwantz did it years and years ago. Riders are saying it helps stabilize the bike under hard braking.

I don't know that I've ever seen a last lap as exciting as this one. I was up out of my chair hollering at the TV! In the post race interview Stoner said he was sick, cramping, and weak, and that it was getting worse.
Did you see the WSBK race from Assen earlier this year when Spies tracked down Haga and did a balls-the-size-of-texas pass with 3 turns left to go?

I just watched this race - wow. One of if not the best races (F1, MotoGP, WSBK, all of 'em) I've ever seen. Rossi continues to impress me. Not only is his talent amazing but his intelligence is too. On that last pass he knew he had to get to the apex first and since he was carrying too much speed on the wrong line to make the pass stick he simply got on the brakes and stayed on the inside of the turn blocking Lorenzo from making the normal repass. Had Lorenzo known Rossi would be sticking to the inside he probably could have driven around the outside of Rossi but Rossi's move is certainly not one you see every day...heck, it isn't even one you see every year.

What a race finish, had to watch the last 3 laps twice. Yamaha rocks, Lorenzo is getting better but isn't it amazing how Rossi finds a way to win.
Yep. I showed it to Fang, who was amazed. Lorenzo admitted making a mistake in thinking Rossi would not pass him in the last corner, so he failed to protect his line. He said Rossi has more experience. Stoner was ill. And here was another great finish....

Last edited by a moderator: