Motorcycle Crash

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LiquidSilver, your post was right on and not at all preachy. There are folks on this site who do pile on with their holier than thou crap, but yours wasn't of that type and I really do appreciate the time you took to post. I'm headed to the Total Control class on 10 Jun and hope they'll reinforce my good habits and vanquish my bad.

That looking through the cornerthing.........Exactly correct. The first time I road the FJR in AR, I learned that technique from the hoons, What a thrill to actually learn how to turn. I remember me telling them it seemed like I would fall over if I leaned too far. The universal answer was the bike will lean much farther than you think it can. They were right and I got better over the years till my last ride.Going in a bit hot ,for me anyway, and I realized I was drifting across the centerline. Well nothing to do but lean a bit more......instant low side.

That was a bummer, especially when I came too, and Liquisilvers standing over me asking what happened :clapping: :D

Glenn

Thanks for the info " Q" as a long time dirt biker and a noobie street rider ,I can use all the info I can about riding technics on the street . Only hit a few trees in the dirt :eek: but thats another story.lol

Mtn

Thanks for the info " Q" as a long time dirt biker and a noobie street rider ,I can use all the info I can about riding technics on the street . Only hit a few trees in the dirt :eek: but thats another story.lol

Mtn
Trees still hurt when they jump out at you :) ....welcome mtn....hope you enjoy the craziness.... :D

Latest posts