Motorcycle Lift. My Final Design.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen

Reaction score
:yahoo:

Harbor Freight Model 91764..

Chock Model 96349. I use a rear stand for the ZX14 so it's probably overkill. It'll be nice with the FJR, though.

For the while, the wood version is in use as a rolling work bench.

DSC02508.jpg

DSC02505.jpg

DSC02503.jpg

DSC02504.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Stephan!...nice lift, but it's the ZX-14 that is the sizzle! It's not really my style, but work, effort and money put into it is obvious. Very, very nice work.

Nice job you are better served by that. Especially with those two bikes going on it.

Great to see you did the right thing, hell it's only money, but well spent in this case.

Who makes the lift? Is that the HF unit?

I was hoping you'ld prove all the boyz wrong with your plankjob - oh well. :unsure:

You won't regret it. It just makes everything so much easier. I bought mine on Craigslist about a year ago for a couple hundred and my only regret is that I didn't do it much sooner.

So....How the Hell do you change tires when the bike is on a lift like this?
Gawd yer an embarrassment....

How do you change it when it's on the ground?

Same way, 'cept it's up in the air.

Put it on the bike lift, hoist on centerstand when it's on there, then raise the lift.

While it's up on the lift, and the c-stand, ratchet-strap the rear end down to lift the front to change the front.

PM Bust....he's gotta insult for ya! :p

Put it on the bike lift, hoist on centerstand when it's on there, then raise the lift.

While it's up on the lift, and the c-stand, ratchet-strap the rear end down to lift the front to change the front.

Oh come on now RadioHowie, it's AJ; for Petey's sake! He just got off his shift with the Police Dept., he hasn't had a shot of tequila and a cerveza yet; no time yet for any nookie, with the kids running around the house; and he is still pissed off that he cannot wear the "Dolly The Sheep" costume for Bustanut joker at SW-FOG. Cut HotRodZilla some damn slack, man!

Oh come on now RadioHowie, it's AJ; for Petey's sake! He just got off his shift with the Police Dept., he hasn't had a shot of tequila and a cerveza yet; no time yet for any nookie, with the kids running around the house; and he is still pissed off that he cannot wear the "Dolly The Sheep" costume for Bustanut joker at SW-FOG. Cut HotRodZilla some damn slack, man!
:hyper: :slow: :specool: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :yahoo:

Hey Howie, Didja finish eating that bowl of dicks yet? Did Don help you? :p I did notice that you actually put a good answer in there though...Thanks.

I did not know that once you got the bike on the lift, you had to lift the bike before lifting the bike. What a stellar pain in the ass. Don't some of these lifts come with a cut-out so that the rear wheel can be taken off without having to lift the bike? Or, are those only the expensive ones?

Hey Howie, Didja finish eating that bowl of dicks yet? Did Don help you? :p I did notice that you actually put a good answer in there though...Thanks.
Yeah, once in a great while I actually do contribute...

I did not know that once you got the bike on the lift, you had to lift the bike before lifting the bike. What a stellar pain in the ass.
When I had my Darkside tire installed, I took it to an Indie dealer not to far from my place of work. They have one of those shop lifts like pictured above, but yeah, it's still the same "put it on the c-stand" pain in the ass. The poor bastard working on my Feej was about 5'3" and a buck-twenty-five. He couldn't get the bike up on the c-stand on the lift, so I had to do it for him.

[Don't some of these lifts come with a cut-out so that the rear wheel can be taken off without having to lift the bike? Or, are those only the expensive ones?
You'd still have to support the weight of the bike separate from the wheels, so unless there's a frame stand involve, you'd STILL have to put the bike up on the centerstand.