Motorcycle turntable

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jestal

Reaction score
Lazy susan bearing from Lowes......... $9.25

1/4 steel plate............almost free from the scrap heap

Spinning the FJR around in my work space.....priceless

I happened across the turntable idea at the very bottom of the calsci website https://www.motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/index.html

Put one together last night. Works like a charm. I scored a 13 inch square piece of 1/4 steel plate from the scrap heap at a local metal dealer for several bucks. and the bearing set is in Lowes in the hardware department....hidden in a drawer. Even the clerk didn't know about it at first. I drilled and tapped 4 8-32 holes in the plate to hold the bearing secure. Lowes even has the steel plate (12X12) but theirs must be made of gold alloyed steel for what they want for it. YOW. They are very proud of a piece of steel plate!!

This works unbelieveably well for a cheap setup. So proud of it I even cleaned it up and painted it....

With all the crap in my garage (kids bikes, etc), I don't have room to turn the bike after I park.

The lazy susan bearing I bought/used was about 12 inches in diameter.

I packed the bearings with ultra high quality Mobil synthetic grease as the turntable will be seeing extraordinarily high temperatures and speed I'm sure....LOL.

Geez....$78.00 for "the mat"....???... You could buy a 4 X 8 sheet of 1/4 inch polypropylene for that and make 100 of them. Fact is, I have some poly... maybe I'll make one of those too for the upstairs garage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts