My 2013 FJR has arrived.....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG OMG OMG.

Now that is out of my system.

Have you loctited the screws on the bags yet. :D

Nice! can you get a measurement between the mirrors on your 13 ,and then maybe we can get someone with stock GenII mirrors to get a measurement between theirs. I am just hoping that the Gen III mirrors are a tick wider that the II mirrors so I am not looking at my elbows in half the mirror . Thanks and ride safe.

Wow...that's great. Congratulations!

Are the brake levers stock?

EDIT.....nevermind I re-read the post. "Pazzo"

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Richard and thanks for the reports so far!

For some color you could queue off Niehart, adding the black bags and front fender to match the smuggler.

What'cha think?

--G

judging by the view i had of my elbows on the way home i don't think they have changed.

I am thinking now about painting the smuggler either the same color as the bike or the same color as the front fender and side panels, there is also a stipe on the side panel that is the same color as the front fender (Matt), this stripe goes to a point and kinda points at the bottom of the smuggler, i will post a picture tomorrow in daylight.

I forgot the most important farkle so far.....

file-8.jpg

R

I think I'm a little jealous; not only about the new bike, but also the weather. :eek:

Get that license plate holder off there. You gotta earn it all over again on the new bike! :D

Loving the bike for sure though!

Very nice Richard, maybe by the time I can afford one someone will come up with a wider mirror mount.

Congrats on the bike!! A newbie here that's considering either a used Gen II or going all out for a new '13. New styling tweaks look cool. Mostly curious about the switch to the LCD speedo. OP says it easy to read - easier = better?

Also as a newb to SoCal, where'd you get yours? Recommend? Any place in particular to avoid? TIA...

I'd be curious if the fz1 mirrors would work. Might not fit in the recess. This is the first thing that I'd even think about trading my bike for. Color kinda looks like the european desert sand color and I loved that.

Looking good. ;)

How about this for a display filler? I bet it'd keep ya "regular"

new.png
Leave it to Bust to improve the bike. I wonder why he put this photo in there instead of members of his flock?
smile.gif

Nice bike Richard. Congrats on number 25.
He always reverts back to his number one squeeze.....

Congrats on the bike!! A newbie here that's considering either a used Gen II or going all out for a new '13. New styling tweaks look cool. Mostly curious about the switch to the LCD speedo. OP says it easy to read - easier = better?

Also as a newb to SoCal, where'd you get yours? Recommend? Any place in particular to avoid? TIA...
As fas as a Gen11 or 3 is concerned I am gonna say 3, Having had all 3 Generations I have to say (and I know i will get shit) that i believe that Yamaha has made improvements with every new generation.

The LCD speedo I love, I will be interested to see how it compares to the speedo in my GPS.

The heat from the bike seems to have been reduced with with every incarnation.....as i said my ride home today from North Hollywood was a lot cooler than the ride up there .

Gonna ride it some more tomorrow and see what else i notice.....

Think i will go to the beach THIS WAY.....

R

Finally!!!

A new generation of FJR I could fall in love with.

Too bad it took 8 friggin' years for Yamaha to get it right again.

A worth successor to the immortal 2004 FJR!

Add my congratulations to the list, Mr. Fairlaner.

(Personally, I'd go with the grey of the majority of the rest of the bike for the Smuggler)

p.s.: Oh, don't forget to change your bike's year on your avatar description! :p