My Annual Reuben Run Crash Report

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got my official estimate this weekend: $2800 parts and labor.
I didn't notice at the time, but they didn't include the "stay" that the mirror bolts to.

If that's broken, it's another $230 plus labor.
You have made a strong case that sliders are a waste of funds.....especially if you have insurance since the damage is going to be more than the deductible with or without sliders.

I didn't notice at the time, but they didn't include the "stay" that the mirror bolts to.

You have made a strong case that sliders are a waste of funds.....especially if you have insurance since the damage is going to be more than the deductible with or without sliders.
I remember you and George discussing whether you should get sliders or canyon cages on the new bike. Looks like you haven't done it.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:

I remember you and George discussing whether you should get sliders or canyon cages on the new bike. Looks like you haven't done it. :)
My position, then and now, is that sliders or canyon cages may save your insurance companies a few dollars but its unlikely that the owner will save anything.....at least on a moving crash. Turns out that the sliders may not have any benefits even on a non-moving tip over. I think the canyon cages will have benefits on a non-moving tip over but they cost more than my insurance deductible.

Yep, the "Stay 1" is broken. That adds between $170-$258 (dealer's quote) plus 3.5 hours labor, $280.

For God's sake, don't let your mirror hit there ground!

Latest posts