My dad was killed in a motorcycle accident 07/29

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our sincere condolences for your loss.

May you, day by day, find strength and comfort as you smile through the tears, remembering your life with your dad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry about the loss of your father. Whenever I leave on a bike trip I tell my wife, " if I don't make it home , please understand that in the moments before my demise I was HAPPY because I was riding my bike. ". I hope your dad shared my outlook.

Rob

"...Whenever I leave on a bike trip I tell my wife, " if I don't make it home , please understand that in the moments before my demise I was HAPPY because I was riding my bike."Rob
Wow. That was amazing.

This is one of those comments that ought to be enshrined permanently somewhere in the rafters of this forum.

Gary

Sorry for your loss stose85.

Thanks for expressing your thoughts.

My Dad will be 90 in Dec., can't imagine being without him.

Damm Rob..... that was some hard core shit.... (sniff sniff)

Stose85 - still thinking about you nearly every day and hoping you are managing as best as you can, my friend. One day at a time is a great plan.

I'm dreaming about a Canadian motorcycle tour. There are some folks I'd like to meet up there....

I'm unsure if I sent my condolences. If not, then please accept them.

Friends and family matter. Everything else is secondary. Keep him in your heart.

Stose85 - still thinking about you nearly every day and hoping you are managing as best as you can, my friend. One day at a time is a great plan.

I'm dreaming about a Canadian motorcycle tour. There are some folks I'd like to meet up there....
Rob made a great point! My dad's funeral was last Friday, and there were 89 bikers that showed up. I know dad was smiling down on us that day. It was 82F with not a cloud in the sky on August 4th in Southeast Kansas! He had to have made a special request to the man upstairs because that NEVER happens here.

I recorded the ride on my gopro so I'll be posting as soon as I get some time in to edit it. Ride safe!

Rob made a great point! My dad's funeral was last Friday, and there were 89 bikers that showed up. I know dad was smiling down on us that day. It was 82F with not a cloud in the sky on August 4th in Southeast Kansas! He had to have made a special request to the man upstairs because that NEVER happens here.

I recorded the ride on my gopro so I'll be posting as soon as I get some time in to edit it. Ride safe!

Stose85, Sorry for the late response as I have been traveling. My sincere condolences on the lose of your Dad. Thank you for having the courage to share the details and reminding us the importance of Family harmony and peace with our Creator. You are a good man. The out pouring of comments by our Forum Brothers confirms that thought.

Out of likes, dang it. 89 bikers? How cool is that, sorry it had to be under such sad circumstances but it sounds like your father was very well liked and a respected man. My condolences to you and your family.

So sorry for your loss. Will be praying for peace for you and your family. My father stopped riding as he became too weak and fell over a couple of times. We did not know it was cancer at that time. I know he wished he had ridden more wearing his leather vest, work boots, and a smile no matter how much I preached ATGATT and I wish I had the opportunity to ride with him. God Bless.

So very sorry for your loss.It took a truly good man to put this out here for everyone to see. I know your Dad was and still is proud to call you his son.

Something to really think about:

It's been a little while since you posted this up. I was thinking about something I myself continue to work on, and thought I'd pass it along to you. Dad's been gone 7 years. How I miss him: he taught me much.

One of the ways that we can honor our fathers is to work at becoming the kind of sons (and daughters) that they dreamed we could be. To be honest, we need that parental advice, and long after they are gone. And for what it's worth, I believe that a dad is rewarded according to the good things he handed down to his son. It only makes sense, and I guarantee that it's Biblical. With that in mind, it would also stand to reason that if we heed the good advice given us by a dad who's gone now, this may well serve to INCREASE his reward. That there is something to think long and hard about. It's like putting money into dad's account for him. What better way is there to honor a father?

Speak often of the advice he gave you. Work hard at honoring his good name by trying to put it into practice. Try to become more than you were because of the dream he had for you. "Honor thy father" takes on a whole new meaning when you realize that this is still possible even after he's gone.

Consider this: dad won't have to wait till tomorrow to enjoy what you place in his account today. How cool is that?

Gary

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for your loss. I am confident posting this will always help someone remain grounded and keep a keen perspective on how precious life is.

As well as help you endure this transition into this new season of life.

God bless you and your family with continued strength and grace.