My first FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

upnorthdogg

Reaction score
Just put my money down on an A model. Does anyone have an idea when they arrive at the dealers? Now time to get all the goodies. Ive been talking about it for 2 years. The black gave me the push I needed.

Just put my money down on an A model. Does anyone have an idea when they arrive at the dealers? Now time to get all the goodies. Ive been talking about it for 2 years. The black gave me the push I needed.
Fantastic! :clapping:

There is no telling when Yamaha will have them here, (As prior years were on the PDP program, And some of us waited MONTHS for ours) As these will be floor models, IIRC.

I would say that you should have it before the snow melts for sure! ;) :lol:

Adam

Last edited by a moderator:
You won't be dissappointed. The FJR is definately a wolf in....well, wolf's clothing, covered in sheepskin. There are some things you'll want to do to it, to make it yours, but it's an excellent platform form which to begin. There's no other bike out there I'd rather own.

Have fun!

Dealers' brochure said December arrival; it should be close to that. Wish I had waited since my '07 has been parked since June due to the surging. Oh well. Congratulations buddy. Post a pic when you get it. Take care.

JC

When I put my deposit down, the dealer gave me a choice of late December/January delivery or March delivery. Sounds like they should be available in December if you don't mind riding in the snow in MN.

You will not be disappointed when you climb on for the first time. This has got to be one of the best looking bikes on the road today and there is nothing like pulling up somewhere and having people stop and look at the bike. It is a real head turner. I also agree the black is really going to pop when its clean and in the sunlight!

As others have said, you cna expect the '08s to start rolling into the dealers in December. As for goodies, I heartily recommend the Skyway sliders - and yeah, they will fit the '08s.

Yeah....the black did it for me too - because that's what happens when you don't wash an 07 Black Cherry for 3 months! :rolleyes:

Congrats on the pending purchase - ride well - ride safe - have fun!

There are some things that make you remember how it was to be a kid and excited about something. Have someone go with you when they call and say it's ready. Have them bring a camera and record it all. Then post the photos for us. Bring extra shorts.