My Wife is down but not out

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Patriot thanks for asking about the wife. As a matter of fact we just got finished with the first round of chemo Wednesday and they did an ECA test which gives them the status of the cancer via blood test. we got the results yesterday. March 1 the ECA count was 150 and it is now down to 58 which is a very good thing. She will do 5 more treatments which will take about two more months and hopefully that will be the end of the chemo.

There will be a lot more for her to endure as it will take the bones a long time to heal. She will likely have some level of pain due to the bone damage for the rest of her life. She may require some surgery to address the more severly damaged bones but we will not know that for a while. We are not asking as she wants to deal with one thing at a time. Her spirits remain high and that and everyones prayers are definitely a large factor in her improvement.

As for the pics of the walker I took several but they were not too good so I did not post them. I will try again now that we are getting some decent weather and the sun is shining. Hopefully then the silver metal flake in the pink paint will show up.

We are in the middle of a remodel of the master bath to give her better access to the toilet and shower and it is coming along quite well. The tile work was finished yesterday so hopefully in another week it will be done. If so it will have taken 3 weeks start to finish. It will definitely make her life easier and besides it is looking great which she also likes.

Thanks again to everyone who has offered their thoughts and prayers for Sharon. God bless all of you. This is the only forum I am sitll keeping up with and it is because there are so many great people and stories on here.

Prayers to both of you. The caregiver is very tough as well. I remember the feeling on unable to "do" anything about it. Give yourself some mental health breaks as well ,hang with the guys, wish whatever for a day. Cancer is journey for both of the victim of the disease and the caregiver.

My wife Terri and I offer you our prayers for Sharon to have a full recovery. We are going through a similar experience as Terri was diagnosed with breast cancer in January.

Patriot thanks for asking about the wife. As a matter of fact we just got finished with the first round of chemo Wednesday and they did an ECA test which gives them the status of the cancer via blood test. we got the results yesterday. March 1 the ECA count was 150 and it is now [SIZE=18pt]down to 58 which is a very good thing.[/SIZE]
(New Bathroom renov) will definitely make her life easier and besides it is looking great which she also likes.

Thanks again to everyone who has offered their thoughts and prayers for Sharon. God bless all of you. This is the only forum I am sitll keeping up with and it is because there are so many great people and stories on here.
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST READ THIS (FITTING ON A SUNDAY I THINK) AND IT MADE MY DAY :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping:

WAAAAAAAA HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!

pls keep us in the loop as you wish

Yay God !!! Boo Devil !!!

GO SHARON GO ... :yahoo:

Cheers,

Mike in Nawlins'

Jer Sharon and I also will keep you and your wife in our prayers. Cancer is just no fun for anyone involved. I hope you have as good a support network as we have. Our kids and family have been very helpful and have made both our lives a little easier. The support from all of you is also a great morale booster. It is nice to know that people whom you have never met can be so caring. Thanks again to all.

Patriot we were certainly overjoyed at the news on the ECA count. You go through several months of treatments without knowing if it is working or not. So when we finally found out it was truly a gift from heaven.

Sorry I have not been on lately but it has been a very busy time for us. The blood count has continued to drop but we have had some set backs. Sharon developed pneumonia but is responding to antibiotics to clear it up. Unfortunately, while doing the CatScan to diagnose the pneumonia they discovered a couople of spots on her upper liver. She had another MRI on Friday and hopefully we will get a report tomorrow. She has also been experiencing more pain in her left leg which is the one which was most affected by the cancer and was radiated back in February.

Sharon does remain positive and as she told me she was only focusing on the positive. When she complained of the tightness in her chest and shortness of breath the possible causes were a blood clot, another cracked rib or pneumonia. Obviously the pneumonia was the best alternative of those three since it can be treated. It does seem to be responding to the antibiotics. She says she will worry about those spots on her liver when the Dr tells her it is bad. Prior to the report on the liver, we thought we were approaching the end of chemo. Now that is uncertain for the time being.

Thanks again to all for your thoughts and prayers. I feel confident as I have said before that her attitude and all the prayers are what is carrying us through this journey.

Jer Sharon and I also will keep you and your wife in our prayers. Cancer is just no fun for anyone involved. I hope you have as good a support network as we have. Our kids and family have been very helpful and have made both our lives a little easier. The support from all of you is also a great morale booster. It is nice to know that people whom you have never met can be so caring. Thanks again to all.
Patriot we were certainly overjoyed at the news on the ECA count. You go through several months of treatments without knowing if it is working or not. So when we finally found out it was truly a gift from heaven.
John, prayers for Terri are paying off. He recent scan show most of her cancers almost undetectable, so even though she can never be cancer free the technology will keep it at bay hopefully for many years.

So we can now devote our prayers to the same for Sharon.

John, prayers for Terri are paying off. He recent scan show most of her cancers almost undetectable, so even though she can never be cancer free the technology will keep it at bay hopefully for many years.

So we can now devote our prayers to the same for Sharon.
Amen...I am humbled when i see and feel it's not all about motorcycles but the 'asses' that are sitting in the saddles :rolleyes:

Sorry I have not been on lately but it has been a very busy time for us. The blood count has continued to drop but we have had some set backs. Sharon developed pneumonia but is responding to antibiotics to clear it up. Unfortunately, while doing the CatScan to diagnose the pneumonia they discovered a couople of spots on her upper liver. She had another MRI on Friday and hopefully we will get a report tomorrow. She has also been experiencing more pain in her left leg which is the one which was most affected by the cancer and was radiated back in February.
Sharon does remain positive and as she told me she was only focusing on the positive. When she complained of the tightness in her chest and shortness of breath the possible causes were a blood clot, another cracked rib or pneumonia. Obviously the pneumonia was the best alternative of those three since it can be treated. It does seem to be responding to the antibiotics. She says she will worry about those spots on her liver when the Dr tells her it is bad. Prior to the report on the liver, we thought we were approaching the end of chemo. Now that is uncertain for the time being.

Thanks again to all for your thoughts and prayers. I feel confident as I have said before that her attitude and all the prayers are what is carrying us through this journey.
Praying specifically for effective treatment and no more pneumonia and spots being a non issue. Picturing Sharon racing that pink walker up and down the hallway. Hope things are looking up Boomer...

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: