Mystery parts identification

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe2Lmaker

Reaction score
I'm looking in the drawer in my tool chest where all of my FJR parts have collected. Almost everything is in Zip-Loc snack bags, labeled with permanent magic marker.

In the mix is this open bag of an assortment of screws, rubber washers and a turned bushing or something. I know it's not a custom part that I made, but I have no idea what it is.

Any ideas?

IMG_1495.JPG

Joe, sorry, but I think the parts fairy hid those in your tool chest when you weren't looking. The flanged button head screws look like nothing I've seen on the bike - the washers/gaskets are not familiar, and the two black button head screws in the background might match the dash panel screws, but they're so out of focus I can't tell. Are they nylon or black steel?

As to the top hat, I'll have to go with csquared's assessment - as I've never seen it before now.

Thanks guys!

It's all coming back to me now... passenger backrest drill bushing. Whew!

Well, I don't don't drink when I ride. Now, it I could just extend that prohibition to when I'm working on the bike... :blush:

I'm looking in the drawer in my tool chest where all of my FJR parts have collected. Almost everything is in Zip-Loc snack bags, labeled with permanent magic marker.

In the mix is this open bag of an assortment of screws, rubber washers and a turned bushing or something. I know it's not a custom part that I made, but I have no idea what it is.

Any ideas?

IMG_1495.JPG
In the Southwest those things are called chingaderas.

ZipLock Freezer bag and a permanent marker.....

use it