N/line on an 09

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burned

Reaction score
I just received my n/line dash and love the way it looks. I started the install and when I was finished it was not even close! When I move the bars to lock the front brake reservoir and the clutch reservoir both hit the dash. Plus, my hand is pinched between the bars and the dash. Now either I received the wrong dash or I installed it wrong. The install seems pretty straight forward so I don't think I screwed it up that badly. Any thoughts? I love the dash and I'm sure it's an easy fix but I can't find it. Thanks for the help.

Thanks but I looked at this thread before I asked, as I should have :) but couldn't figure out what I did wrong. In one of those picks you cane see where the GPS hangs over the front of the dash. That is where my front brake reservoir hits the dash. There is no way I could mount a GPS there. Maybe I just reall screwed it up. Thanks again.

I don't have any idea. I have never actually seen either one but from the web site the gen2 has the fjr cut out in the front and the gen1 does not. Mine has the cut out.

the differences are in the support struts - not the dash.

I've used an N/Line on my 06 for 4 years - I had to remove my VStrom grip shields, but I have no other conflicts.

the differences are in the support struts - not the dash.

I've used an N/Line on my 06 for 4 years - I had to remove my VStrom grip shields, but I have no other conflicts.
I was thinking the same thing. It just looks like the struts have the dash to far out. I have seen two different dash designs on gen2 bikes. One the edge closest to the rider is at a 90 degree angle but on mine it is not.

Do you have any other mods to the handle bars? risers? I have an 07 with the dash and have no issues with clearance.

Do you have any other mods to the handle bars? risers? I have an 07 with the dash and have no issues with clearance.
Same here, put one on my 07 no issues at all, and I had moved my bars to the forward position before. Does this help?

ShelfrearviewLarge.jpg

ShelfrtsideviewLarge.jpg

Dude, I just installed mine this last weekend. It is nowhere near the resevoirs. Something is radically wrong if yours is hitting. You need to post some pics and someone on here can get you straightened out. Take some pics and let us help you....T

Dude, I just installed mine this last weekend. It is nowhere near the resevoirs. Something is radically wrong if yours is hitting. You need to post some pics and someone on here can get you straightened out. Take some pics and let us help you....T
Thanks for those pic. I think they sentbme the wrong one. Mine does not look like yours. I will take some pics but I'm having a hard time posting them from my iPad. I'll see what I can do and thanks again.

Thanks for those pic. I think they sentbme the wrong one. Mine does not look like yours. I will take some pics but I'm having a hard time posting them from my iPad. I'll see what I can do and thanks again.

I would contact Scott at N - Line he makes them and is an FJR owner. He can help you solve the issue. When I bought mine, it had the wrong supports packaged with it. He sent me the correct ones and all was good.

I've got one on my '09A with the wing winders and have no issues with clearance. I'm wanting to go to VStrom hand guards and dunno if they'll clear, but so far so good.

Not a great pic but here it is:

LEDAlexlights013.jpg

Dunno if it makes any difference - and I don't think it would - but I have Heli top clamp + risers so my bars are up and farther back...