Name That Place Game

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, here is a short section of road that looks really fun and should be, but seldom is. Yet I strongly recommend going here:

Arches National Park entrance?  Looking back from inside the park towards Moab.  The visitor center is down below this road.

You got me on this one.  I consider myself fairly familiar with the southwest and I can't place it at all.  Colorado, Utah, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico?  It could be any of those.

Arches National Park entrance?  Looking back from inside the park towards Moab.  The visitor center is down below this road.
Correct! Here's a few reasons to see Arches in Moab, UT:

The second pic is of delicate arch and is zoomed in a lot. You won't want to hike to the actual arch in motorcycle gear for sure. We did it once with the kids in a car trip and it was a real hike. But the park is a great companion to Canyonlands in Moab and well worth the visit.

Auburn you are up if you want to post a place!

Correct! Here's a few reasons to see Arches in Moab, UT:

The second pic is of delicate arch and is zoomed in a lot. You won't want to hike to the actual arch in motorcycle gear for sure. We did it once with the kids in a car trip and it was a real hike. But the park is a great companion to Canyonlands in Moab and well worth the visit.

Auburn you are up if you want to post a place!
Awesome park to visit. 

All of these are along the same highway

ngxmGYS.jpg

b2rvpnq.jpg

on one side of the highway is this:

PEDltuF.jpg

And a 1/4 mile down the highway on the other side is this:

kGRD128.jpg

og8unJK.jpg

And a hint as to what state this highway is in:

rps989H.jpg

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with any Alaska scenery you bastard!  But based on your last clue my guess would be the Top Of The World Highway, or the Taylor Highway.

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with any Alaska scenery you bastard!  But based on your last clue my guess would be the Top Of The World Highway, or the Taylor Highway.
The chicken is in Chicken, AK along the Top of the World Highway.  Right state.  Now you gotta figure out where. 

skooter, you need to get out and ride more my friend 😘😂

Reminds me of the Richardson Hwy, Thompson Pass and once over the hill the water falls on the way to Valdez but the damm Chicken has me stumped!

Reminds me of the Richardson Hwy, Thompson Pass and once over the hill the water falls on the way to Valdez but the damm Chicken has me stumped!
Panman, you are right Richardson HWY and horsetail falls going into Valdez. The pass is only 22 miles outside of Valdez.

The Chicken, AK reference was to get people into the right state to look.  

another place Skooter needs to add to his list of places to visit 😂

panman, you’re up for the next picture. 

I've been there.  Somewhere on Cally Hwy 1 not too far north of San Francisco IIRC.  Bolinas Lagoon?

Come on wet heads, I use to fish the river winter run steel head as I didn't have to buy a license because the river is in a National Park.

Just looking for the river, the Rd the beach, something. I have gave some good meat to chew on you should be able to put a FORK in it

DSCN7006_zps8e0925f6.jpg

I'm hearding the MH another 250 miles today and it's our 38th wedding anniversary so may be late till I can check in.

DSCN7009_zps0a49ffbb.jpg

I hate to guess this one since I was here in a car instead of on the bike. But with all the hints no one was picking up on I am feeling sorry for Panman so here goes. I believe it is La Push at the Quillayute River west of Forks (twilight) on 110.

I hate to guess this one since I was here in a car instead of on the bike. But with all the hints no one was picking up on I am feeling sorry for Panman so here goes. I believe it is La Push at the Quillayute River west of Forks (twilight) on 110.
You win as you got one out of three. The Quillayute River, La Push is on the south side of the river. I was looking for Mora Rd and Rialto Beach which is on the north side of La Push.

If I do this again I'll have to do a better job with hints.

Take her away Sir Goodman, take her away!