Nat Geo Best Wild Animal Picture of 2009 Announced

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toecutter

What would DoG do?
Reaction score
091022-01-leaping-wolf-photograph_big.jpg

The story of the Storybook Wolf....

Hey, speaking of wolves or coyotes, or, wild dogs even..

Last night I was coming home from playing pool and a fire truck went by with sirens blazing. It sounded really odd though.. as the sound of the sirens fade off as it passes I notice theirs another sound...

It was one of the above howling in pitch with the siren. Cool me thinks.. then another one started in the bush a little ways away. Way cool.. then yet another one started.

I only one thing, no more after dark walks down the trail around here anymore. Between them and the bears (which I see at least twice a month)

That is an amazing picture...

Interestingly, numerous people have gotten pictures of wolves, coyotes and bears on their deercams in the last few years. Of course, even with these photos and years of sightings, our local DNR continued to tell us that we didn't have any bears or wolves.

Of course, when a hunter shoots a 'real big coyote' the DNR was there in minutes...turned out it was one of 10 tagged wolves that they had been monitoring in the area.

And I guess when there was a bear in a downtown park and the local police called the DNR to ask what to do with it, they just said "That happens sometimes. We'll come get the carcass for study. Oh, you didn't shoot it yet? Well, do that first and we'll send someone with a truck..."