need a change

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haas

Reaction score
I'm getting board - thinking of painting my 07' either camo, flat black, or army green. (only the red areas) Any thoughts, comments, suggestions, or ideas are very much welcomed.

What'aya think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever Floats yer boat... I don't think the body lines of the FJR are going to accent this type of finish, but, hey it's yours!

:jester:

Whatever Floats yer boat... I don't think the body lines of the FJR are going to accent this type of finish, but, hey it's yours!
:jester:
I agree - I think to do it justice, the bags got to go. Maybe just a top box.--and yea, digital would do it. Keep think'n!

yep, that's smart - a stealth motorcycle

nahhh, I'm just pulling your chain

whatever floats your boat - digital camo would be interesting and different

I go the other way; want to paint mine either flur orange to match my orange hunting jacket

or fire engine yellow

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'

yep, that's smart - a stealth motorcycle
nahhh, I'm just pulling your chain

whatever floats your boat - digital camo would be interesting and different

I go the other way; want to paint mine either flur orange to match my orange hunting jacket

or fire engine yellow

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'
Yea, I've wrestled with the viz issue - not sure if it is one. The 05 grey has to be one of the most "blend-in" colors I can think of.

Even red is common place. I do like the GS' black and yellow, though - the letters really stand out.

More ideas, please!

This group reminds me of the types of guys that go to the bathroom together.

We had an election in the men's room, and I got voted spokesman. Something about the short straw that I'm not sure I understood. . . .

You gonna make an assault vehicle or a huntin' truck out of it?

If neither, then camo's kinda . . . well, dumb. In my (and the men's room's) own humble opinion.

I always thought a dark green like that British racing green or hunting green would look good and complement the silver parts well. Metallic paint though. I don't think painting the fairings a flat color would look very good, but you could paint the silver parts flat black, although I'm sure that's considerably more difficult than painting the fairings.

You could also look at the flat colors HD is using on some of there bikes (i`m partial to the flat blue they have)

There's always the Scarlet and Gray. O-H...

images3.jpg

There's only two kinds of people:

ItalianFlag.jpg

I've always liked this color combination:

SwedishFlag.jpg

Pick your favorite NFL team's colors:

NFL-AutoEmblems.jpg

Black and Yellow, when done right, ROCKS:

30px-Auto_Racing_Yellow_Quartered_s.jpg

Like everyone else, I say whatever floats your boat. Who are you trying to hide from and do you think camo will really conceal you on city streets? Seriously, it would not be to my taste but if you like it I say go for it. By the way I also have an 07 and I like the color.

Boy , 5 - 07 owners in a row (better play the lottery) As for color dullness , people like to run into bikes with even bright colors , so if you just blend into the background , be prepaired to use your ABS brakes alot & fast manuvering skills , as they really won`t see you then.

I vote for the blue & yellow (if you are looking for radical change) as shown on the Swedish flag on Gizmo's post - now that would be interesting on a bike.

However, I'm rather partial to the factory Black Cherry on my 2007A.

Good luck with that.

I think lots of people are wanting a new and different color. 3 or 4 of us with the C14 have been making some changes in the last 2-3 weeks

pictures

on the left at the bottom you can see green, red, yellow, purple