Need Gas to get back to New York / Should I

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LSUBOY

Reaction score
Anybody up over by the Charlotte area have any info on the gas crisis in that area or should I just stay on 95 North and go that way to get back to New York?

Until the middle of the week, gas could only be found at about 10% of the gas stations. I'd say we are about 50/50 now, but the two stations I passed on my way to work this morning appeared to be empty. There is no premium anywhere, only regular. If you are on your FJR that shouldn't be a problem. My old BMW 325 has been in my garage for the last two weeks. So chances are you could find regular here, although it might take some hunting. Supposedly the pipelines to this area are now back up to full speed.

Thanks very much. I am on a holding pattern now for about 2 more days/Sunday in an attempt to allow the situation to get better and will leave sometime Sunday night. I really want to go the Charlotte way so I can relax and enjoy the roads in WV.

Thank you very much,

Vinni Daniels

My dad is heading to Fl from CT and checked with AAA. They said along 95 it is no problem except maybe around Atlanta. They said near the coast is good but inland GA and Ten is the biggest problem. You should be able to fuel up before Atl and cruise right past it before you need gas again.