NEED SOME HELP,, fuel injection problem

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smooth_Gary

Reaction score
i have an 06 fjr,, i am having #14 code show up,,so i replaced the air intake sensor,,i erased the 14 with #62,,but now the 14 is back,,this problem is intermittent,,after the bike gets heat soaked it runs n idles fine,,i got a new tps i am going to install,,it acts like the cold start enrichening device turns off to early,,when cold i turn the ignition on and the check engine light comes on and stays on,, it will run ok ,but the check engine light will stay on,but when i turn the ignition off and on again and start it the check engine light stays off,,but it idles real slow and wants to die until it is completely warm up,,any imput would be helpfull,,,,,thanx

Bad ground doing strange things,... just keep replacing sensors or find the corroded culprit.

Just guessing---

Don

My 05 has a similar warm up problem-starts fine but the idle speed drop to where the motor stalls unless I manually keep the revs up until the engine is fully warm. My problem is a too rich fuel mixture causing carbon in the head. The compression is low, like 150, 70, 90 and 140. Once the motor is warm it runs fine, had it to 150 last week. I'm searching for the cause now, and will have rivnuts installed to check the CO of each cylinder. The injectors are fine, don't leak, flow consistently. Could be the fuel pressure regulator is off, or the CO setting are just too high.

Anyway I'd check your compression if you can't find the cause of your problem.

Jim

Since the sensor has already been replaced you can pretty much rule that out. Try going to diAG code 3, press the starter button -- if the VALUE changes the sensor is working. If the VALUE doesn't change continue on... The value on the display is some bohemian MKS unit that won't make much sense, so just look for a value change.

Just for giggles, unplug the sensor and give your FJR a test drive. The ECU should run off of a look-up table and the drivability should be absolutely normal. If this is the case it does come to mind that the Intake Air Pressure sensor gets its ground through the "A" ground spider. Also, there could be a problem with the hose between the air box and the sensor, perhaps plugged, pinched or disconnected. If this fails to isolate the problem the only things left are the main wiring harness -- pinched, cut, frayed or pins out of sockets; or bad ECU -- possibly the ECU connector. At one time did you unplug the ECU to do the Barbarian mod?

If driveability does not get better with the sensor unplugged the problem is almost certainly in the wiring harness or at the ECU/ECU connector. This would rule out the ground spider and the hose between the air box and the sensor.

thanx ion,,i changed the tps n it seems to run good no check engine light,,i set it with a multitester,,i think it is going to be ok,,

Gary, you can adjust and check the tps with the diagnostic code readout for the tps. throttle closed should be 14 to 17. The intake manifold pressure sensor is the same part as the atmospheric pressure sensor, interchangeable.