need trailer advice

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feejer/Weejer man

Reaction score
I have a 6x12 enclosed but now have an ordinance in my city for parking and must now store it. So I am looking to sell it and I am looking for an open trailer for up to three dirt bikes and to haul the FJR to service or whatever. Maybe a fold up? Kendon? What size tires would be needed? I don't think I would be comfortable with one of those small harbor freight type trailers for the FJR. Might be ok for the dirt bikes. Any input would be highly appreciated. Mike in Fremont, Ca.

Last edited by a moderator:
The logical thing is to get the hell out of the city but that probably isn't practical. :) I have been around a number of the Kendon fold up trailers and the construction is top notch. They are not cheap but IMO they are worth the money when you consider the investment in what is riding on the trailer.

How often, how far, and how fast do you usually trailer the FJR?

You might want to check with your local race organization. There are probably LOTS of guys who would love to upgrade their trailers to what you're selling. Maybe you could arrange a swap plus some bucks. Just an idea.

I have had a Kendon dual rail fold-up trailer for a couple years and swear by it for my old FZ1 which I can load and unload by myself. However, the FJR is going to require some modifications to the trailer. The front wheel chock, one of the best aspects of the trailer, rubs the fairing when loaded. I plan to chop an inch or two of metal off the moving part of the chock. The inner front tie down anchor is not in an ideal position. The outer tie down reaches the lower triple clamp without fairing interference, but the inside anchor needs to be moved forward somehow. Also, with the extra 100+ lbs over the FZ, I don't think I can rock the FJR out of the wheel chock by myself. Maybe cutting the aforementioned part down will reduce the effort. I made it work to get the bike home from the dealer (1.5 hr from home and no-one to drive me there and wait through negotiations), but had to take it slow. Otherwise the Kendon is first rate and takes up very little space against the back wall of my garage.

Would the Oregon community accept a Californian? Maybe I should move up there.
Come on up. Those dam cailfornicators are everywhere. I used to be one myself but I left Simi Valley in 77 and never looked back.

For the kind of work you do there is a lot of fancy building going on in central OR. for those that don't have to worry about money.

Try Trailer in a Bag's web site, it is very compact, although expensive; once you arrive to your destination, you can take apart and store it in your trunk or inside your garage when not in use.

Good luck :clapping:

Pedro

Would the Oregon community accept a Californian? Maybe I should move up there.
Come on up. Those dam cailfornicators are everywhere. I used to be one myself but I left Simi Valley in 77 and never looked back.

For the kind of work you do there is a lot of fancy building going on in central OR. for those that don't have to worry about money.