Negative NFL Report On Players On Bikes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galxy5

galxy5
Reaction score
Since I am home and not at EOM, I am watching NFL pre game,,

a report on NFL players who ride just aired,,,

and I am Mad as Hell :butcher: and yes I have an axe to grind,,

the feature piece focused on Kellen Windslow,,, who was injured on his bike ,, and is out for the season ,, maybe out of football,,

he was being a squid and got hurt,, after having the bike for less than 2 weeks ,, a security cam caught him doing stopies and trying tricks that he was obviously not experienced enough to handle,, it also showed another NFL player who I did not know (Jets) that had crashed his bike and was out in a coma for 3 weeks,,

these guys are bitter from there own mistakes and have lost there multi million dollar paycheques ,, and now want to blame the bike ,,

Riding a motorcycle is dangerous,, that is one reasons we do it ,, it is not the bikes fault when inexperienced riders do stupid stunts that they have seen trained professional riders do in movies and in stunt shows ,,

Indian Larry had been doing stunts for several decades ,, and one mistake ended his life ,,

the NFL has trashed motorcycle riding ,, some teams have clauses that prevent players from riding during the season ,, I can understand this ,, injuries are part of the game ,, so they want to eliminate bike related injuries ,, it effects the entire team ,,

Ben Rothlesburger rides without a helmet ,, his choice ,, he lives in Penn which does not have a helmet law ,, and he only rides on the off season ,, but the piece showed him riding with his son in front ,, kid looked to be 3 > 5 years old ,, no helmet ,, closed course ,, still an idiotic move ,,

millions watch this show ,, and for them to take the position that no one should ride because it is dangerous ,, is just too much for me ,,

I guess the network is pissed because there are more and more people riding on Sunday and not watching the game ,,

I going out and ride down the Parkway ,,

ok ,, rant over

Last edited by a moderator:
There are lots of stupid people in this world......some play in the NFL and some work for the media......

The smack in the face to responsible motorcyclists, that the program appeared to do, will sting for a moment and then everyone will go back to their happy lives....

Saw that this morning too. I couldn't believe the guy riding with his little kid sitting on the tank with no helmet. Closed course or not, he was following closely to a vehicle they were filming him from. Flat tire, critter in the road, hundreds fo things could still go wrong without other traffic around. Not exactly the safest situation.

I rode like that with my dad, but I was always made to wear a helmet, even if dad wasn't wearing one. Even in a low speed incident, where daddy could maybe catch himself (if that's what he's convinced himself he could do), the kid may not have the strength or coordination to do the same. Can you imagine the grief from the mom, grandparents, etc if something were to happen, let alone what a piece of crap he would feel like?

I can't wait for my duaghter to be old enough to take a ride with me, but you can bet she'll be fully suited up, with her feet on the pegs, sitting on the passenger seat. Momma gets mad enough if I leave the toilet seat up, let alone if I was to be responsible for messing up her kid!!!

I just swept Mr. Winslow's Chimney. He wasn't home, but his wife was. She if Friggin' Hot!!! She looks like she's about 18, sounds like she's that old too. Did I mention she's HOT HOT HOT!?!?!?

I just swept Mr. Winslow's Chimney. He wasn't home, but his wife was. She if Friggin' Hot!!! She looks like she's about 18, sounds like she's that old too. Did I mention she's HOT HOT HOT!?!?!?
Was he home?

ok,, so who cares if his wife is hot ??and she probably is 18 he is 23??

and still an asswipe ,,
All I know is that guys would only talk about 30% of the amount they do talk, if we had to take "who's wife is hot" conversations off the table. :haha:

+1

And not to divert too much off topic, but does anyone know who might carry riding gear for kids? I've got 8 yr olds and have had no luck finding anything besides the heavily zippered biker jackets.