New Bike for My Son

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigbeavk

Bigbeavk
Reaction score
Finally my Son has returned home from 8yrs serving in the Air Force and looky what he picked up yesterday. :yahoo:

2007 Raven color with 4200 miles on it.

FZ1.jpg

I got to ride it home and play a little. He'll be looking to upgrade that piece of crap they call a seat. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice ride! Do him and you a favor and make him attend an MSF course they do especially for returning service guys. Doesn't matter how well he rides.

Thanks Guys he did take the MSF course already and we will still take it easy since he has been driving on the left for so long. I know he can't wait to do some hauling but I'm showing him some routes and pointing out the hazards as we go so hopefully he will keep them in mind and ride safe.

On another note I guess I better check and see if his ignition switch or ground spiders are the same as mine and check it for recalls. His switch looks just like ours so I bet he has ground spiders as well.

The MSF is a great start, but it is just a start, even the ERC. There is no comparison to a more advanced course, like Lee Park's Total Control.

My wife has served 19 years in the Air Force and Air Force Reserves in various medical positions, and she rides too so she is up on MC issues. In particular there is a very high motorcycle accident rate among returning soldiers ... just keep that in mind.

On a slightly different angle, this spring there has been a lot of discussion on PTSD and skyrocketing suicide rates. Our military's (and Tri-Care's) attitude and approach to mental health is dismal. I'll go out on a limb and suggest that it is crucial for the family to be involved, look for problems and be supportive of therapy, because the military won't do that.

Go get some good riding in!