New camera

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rogue

Reaction score
Well I got my new DSLR camera. I still have no idea what I'm doing but I had a free half hour this morning so I ran up to the Angelus Crest to try a couple shots of bikes.

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

Nice! Cameras are fun, huh???

If I may be so bold, I would suggest a tad slower shutter speed, to not freeze the wheels, maybe a touch of motion blur in the backgrounds, but not so slow as to get motion blur in the bike and rider.

What speed is that? who knows? Depends on lens length. When it's right, though, you'll know.

That bile green scoot looks way uncomfortable. Nice pics, though.
Yes! That looks like the worst riding position I've ever seen. But then I learned he's related to Quasimodo and that's just natural for him!

uglyvk3.jpg

What are you shooting on? Automatic, action, or manual?

You need a zoom lens too, you'll be able to frame the pictures a lot better with more focal length.

*note the frame, not the exposure time or colors*

Bike247Large.jpg

That bile green scoot looks way uncomfortable. Nice pics, though.
Yes! That looks like the worst riding position I've ever seen. But then I learned he's related to Quasimodo and that's just natural for him!

uglyvk3.jpg

You need a zoom lens too, you'll be able to frame the pictures a lot better with more focal length.

Bike247Large.jpg
Good pic ! , the second one :)

Those are action with a 28-135 f3.5-5.6 zoom.

Those are action with a 28-135 f3.5-5.6 zoom.
Thats a pretty good lens. I don't know how far away you, but with a 135, you should be able to frame them in a little more.

It takes practice with a zoom lens, becuase you start zoomed out, then you have to zoom in while panning.

You always have the option of cropping with photoshop or similar program if you don't like the frame. Getting a motorcycle at 50-70 mph in the exact spot you want is easier said than done.

Also try to follow the rule of thirds. Look at the difference in these 2 images just by cropping and reframing. It is elemenatry, but it makes a world of difference. (At least to me and most others in the photo community).

IMG_0260.jpg

edited.jpg

Photo's do look good though.. And I WISH I had your camera!