New ECU tomorrow

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Hughes

Reaction score
Even though I live in Florida I signed up for the ECU recall right away hoping to get a new unit since I do not believe for a moment that they will not reprogram and reuse the ones that they get back. Probably would not matter but I have this brand new bike and the thought of a "used" ECU in there bothers me a little. It's like a blood transfusion, great if you have to have one but you don't do it if you have a choice.

Getting my ECU transfusion on Tuesday. Life is good. Don't care where it came from as long as it doesn't surge. I may even celebrate by binging on accessories.

Even though I live in Florida I signed up for the ECU recall right away hoping to get a new unit since I do not believe for a moment that they will not reprogram and reuse the ones that they get back. Probably would not matter but I have this brand new bike and the thought of a "used" ECU in there bothers me a little. It's like a blood transfusion, great if you have to have one but you don't do it if you have a choice.

Bringing both of ours in Tuesday. Not sure how long it will take. Any ideas?

I figured, with the Y.E.S. warranty, they can put as many "used" ECUs on my bike as they want.

Did you get on the Forum Russell Seat Buy? Have some Iron Butt friends here and they say it is a fantastic deal and that we will not be unhappy we did it.

Also, just ordered 2 G2s for our bikes. With an 'O7, you need to think about that.

Good luck on the ECU

Bringing both of ours in Tuesday. Not sure how long it will take. Any ideas?
I figured, with the Y.E.S. warranty, they can put as many "used" ECUs on my bike as they want.

Did you get on the Forum Russell Seat Buy? Have some Iron Butt friends here and they say it is a fantastic deal and that we will not be unhappy we did it.

Also, just ordered 2 G2s for our bikes. With an 'O7, you need to think about that.

Good luck on the ECU

I rode in at 9:00am and rode out at 9:20am today. And I had an Autocom and some other electronics under the seat and in the way.

I have read a lot of the threads on this topic and may have missed the following: How do I register with Yamaha to receive this letter? I bought my new 07 on the 31rst and will never return to the place I bought it (far away). I am about to do the 600 mile service myself. Should I just ask about it at the local dealer when I go in for oil/filter/final drive lube? I'm not sure how receptive they are to warranty work on bikes not purchased from them.

I have read a lot of the threads on this topic and may have missed the following: How do I register with Yamaha to receive this letter? I bought my new 07 on the 31rst and will never return to the place I bought it (far away). I am about to do the 600 mile service myself. Should I just ask about it at the local dealer when I go in for oil/filter/final drive lube? I'm not sure how receptive they are to warranty work on bikes not purchased from them.
I bought mine from a dealer in another town in July and got the letter from Yamaha about 2 weeks ago. Before I had even received the letter I took a copy of the tech bulletin into the local dealer (who I had not bought the bike from) and there was no problem getting the exchange done. When I went into the dealer to ask about getting it fixed the service guy didn't know about it but with the tech bulletin he copied down the info and ordered up the part.

Good luck.

Cheers,

7X

I bought mine from a dealer in another town in July and got the letter from Yamaha about 2 weeks ago. Before I had even received the letter I took a copy of the tech bulletin into the local dealer (who I had not bought the bike from) and there was no problem getting the exchange done. When I went into the dealer to ask about getting it fixed the service guy didn't know about it but with the tech bulletin he copied down the info and ordered up the part.

Good luck.

Cheers,

7X
This is my story too.

BTW The Oil change and final drive change are a 20 minute job on this bike going slowly.

Had mine done yesterday. 20 minute job. I didn't buy my bike from this dealer but had no problem getting a new ECU. I simply called them a couple weeks ago and said that I'd like to get one. Dealer called me last week and said it was in and I could bring my bike by anytime and they'd install it for me.