New England campout!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALDAWG

Reaction score
Hey guys! I wanted to let you all know I'm hosting a campout at Lake Shaftsbury in Vt. July 19-20 2013 with the Motocampers.com crew. Hope some of you can join us, Here is the link for more details. Thanks!

Dang it, that looks like fun.
punk.gif

Does sound like fun, pretty area too.

Just don't think I can convince my g/f to bike-n-camp especially when we have a 35' 5th-wheel sitting in the driveway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does sound like fun, pretty area too.Just don't think I can convince my g/f to bike-n-camp especially when we have a 35' 5th-wheel sitting in the driveway.
They DO make a trailer hitch for the FJR....might be a little scary going down the road, and it'll be hell on the tires....

Just don't think I can convince my g/f to bike-n-camp especially when we have a 35' 5th-wheel sitting in the driveway.
They DO make a trailer hitch for the FJR....might be a little scary going down the road, and it'll be hell on the tires....
Front end might be a little light...so watch those curves.

Front end might be a little light...so watch those curves.
Tongue weight is ~2,000 lbs
weight_lift.gif
Sure would make the FJR wall of shame!

I'm seriously interested but won't be able to commit for a couple of weeks. Looks like fun! I will let you know once I figure out my schedule. Do you want the "yea or nay" on the motocamper forum or here? Out of curiosity, how many can you accommodate or how many do you expect to sign up?

What about Friday arrival time? Coming from New Brunswick, I would roll in quite late unless I come down the day before. 11 hour ride unless I take the less scenic route.

Ross

I'm seriously interested but won't be able to commit for a couple of weeks. Looks like fun! I will let you know once I figure out my schedule. Do you want the "yea or nay" on the motocamper forum or here? Out of curiosity, how many can you accommodate or how many do you expect to sign up?
What about Friday arrival time? Coming from New Brunswick, I would roll in quite late unless I come down the day before. 11 hour ride unless I take the less scenic route.

Ross
Hey Ross how are ya? You and anyone else can reply here and I'll add you to the list @ Motocampers also remember Triker Tom is bringing fresh lobster from Maine. So chime in if you want 1 or 3 we're also gonna get some locally grown corn, and since Amanda won't eat lobster, you can talk to her about grilling up some steaks. We have a group site reserved, which can accommodate quite a few people (120max), but I'm expecting about 10 people maybe a few more, (unless word gets out about how much fun were gonna have). I imagine if you come any time after 2pm you'll be alright, you might want to call ahead about arriving a day early to make sure.

Seriously, we will need a ride report on this one with pics please!!!
If you join us, YOU will be a part of that ride report!!

Yea, but I'd have to turn right around and come back home. I've burned my limited vacation pretty much for the year already. Well, either that or the wife has the rest planned out.
biggrin.png

Yea, but I'd have to turn right around and come back home. I've burned my limited vacation pretty much for the year already. Well, either that or the wife has the rest planned out.
biggrin.png
Call in sick - long distance. Seriously, two easy days to get there, two days to have a great time and three days back (maybe via BRP or other nice route).

There is a terrible flu thing going around.

I heard Dr Ross Kean makes house tent calls and writes notes for bosses.

You guys are such enablers!
biggrin.png

Would be a dream trip having spent my childhood in White River Junction and Thetford Vermont.

One week to go! Just wanted to give this thread a bump, in case anybody was on the fence. See you in VT, and hope you can make it.