New England Patriots this Sunday

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it was ugly, but it was a win.............
Gunny that. That was not what one would call "confidence inspiring". :blink:

But man, those Jets sucked badly. Hope the Giants can put a little more lead in their pencils. 'course they have to get past those Dolphins first. They're on a winning streak ya know.

Ya know the dolphins really suck ass but it would be great if they somehow pull off the biggest upset of all time if they do beat the Patriots.

Don Shula would be creaming in his drawers. Maybe the ghost of the 72 dolphins will, will them on to victory.

Of course I know better.This Pats team is one of the best I've ever seen and is really better athletically then that old dolphin team.

But that 72 team was my team as I grew up in florida back then, we needed them to forget about all the shit going on in the country at the time.

You now,vietnam,watergate,racial unrest. I loved turning on the old black& white on sundays to watch Csonka run someones ass over then get gang tackled and slowly pick himself up and jerk that old helmet of his around with blood streaming from the bridge of his nose, he was such a bad ass white boy runnin that ball.

I could go on with many descriptions of just about all the players on that team,but to sum them up they were just a real lunchpale team. I still fondly think of them from time to time but if the patriots do go undeafeated they should receive their just do as probably the gratest team of the modern era,they are so talented in all areas except maybe the running game.

But who the hell needs a running game when you got a QB who can throw like Brady,I mean his pass completion percetage could be near 80% if those shithead receivers of his would quit dropping all those balls that hit them between the numbers ya know.Rant over, these Pats are a team of lore if they don't slip up.

Even if the Pats do make it all the way through undefeated, that wouldn't negate the accomplishment of that Dolphins team. It's not like just because they had to play more games it supersedes the prior accomplishment. The whole game was completely different then. Nobody had the pass offenses then that even the worst team in the league (arguably the current version of the fish) has today. They rose to the top of that game and beat every team they played all the way to the big one, then won that too. That's something.

If the Pats do it, it'll be great. But will they be "better"? Impossible to gauge when they aren't even playing in the same century.

It's like, with all the hoop-de-doo over steroids in baseball recently, I've heard reporters call Roger Clemens the "best pitcher ever" and Barry Bonds the "best hitter ever". Even if they weren't juicin', you can't really say that. They're just playing a different game than Babe Ruth or Walter Johnson or even Sandy Koufax.