New Garmin 376c Gps

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

04FJR4ME

Reaction score
pt-gpsmap376cPage.jpg

For boaters looking for the ultimate in portability and versatility, the GPSMAP 376C has it all. This color plotter offers satellite weather capability along with both marine and land navigation modes in one space-saving package. You can even pair it with the GSD 20™ remote sounder module to add sonar capability, or customize map data for your adventures on land or sea with optional MapSource® cartography.

Up-to-date Weather

With a subscription to XM WX Satellite Weather's "Master Mariner package", users can see continuously-delivered weather on the unit’s high-resolution 256-color sunlight-readable TFT display. Vital weather data, such as NEXRAD radar, forecasts, and current conditions is graphically displayed directly on the unit — so you can spend more time enjoying the water and less time worrying about the weather.

In addition, mariners also have the option of receiving XM Satellite Radio’s 150-plus channels of commercial-free music, sports, news, talk, and entertainment programming (XM audio subscription required). Both XM Satellite data and audio are delivered to the GPSMAP 376C through Garmin’s new GXM 30 smart antenna, which is included in the package.

Perfect for Land or Sea

Similar to the GPSMAP 276C, the GPSMAP 376C is both a color chartplotter and automobile navigator. It features a built-in basemap and auto routing to help you navigate the open waters or open road. With an optional automotive kit that includes MapSource City Select® software, you can select a destination on land and receive turn-by-turn directions to addresses and points of interest throughout the United States and Canada.

Customizable Map Data

You can enhance the basemap detail on the GPSMAP 376C by downloading data from optional MapSource DVDs or CDs to an optional Garmin data card, or by plugging in data cards preprogrammed with BlueChart® or Fishing Hot Spots® detail.

Sonar Capability

In addition, the GPSMAP 376C can also receive sonar data through the GSD 20, Garmin’s “black box” sounder, which offers 4,000 watts of power peak-to-peak (500 watts RMS) in a dual-frequency transducer (purchased separately).

GPSMAP 376C Features: Can display animated NEXRAD weather radar and forecasts, current conditions, wave data, surf temperatures, and much more*

3.8-inch diagonal, 480 x 320 pixel, 256-color TFT screen with adjustable LED backlight

Unit dimensions: 5.7"W x 3.2"H x 1.9"D

Stores up to 3,000 user waypoints, 50 reversible routes (300 waypoints per route)

10,000 point automatic track log; 15 saved tracks

Rechargeable lithium battery offering 4-15 hours of use (depending on backlight settings)

Alarms: anchor drag, arrival, off-course, proximity waypoint, and clock

Water resistant to IEC 60529 IPX7 standards (submersible in one meter of water for 30 minutes)

* Satellite weather and audio are only available within XM’s signal coverage area.

Package Includes: GPSMAP® 376C

One basemap below

Americas:

Americas Autoroute

Europe:

Atlantic Autoroute

Pacific:

Pacific Autoroute

GXM™ 30 smart antenna

Marine mount

GXM 30 pole mount

Rechargeable lithium-ion battery

A/C charger

Power/data cable

USB cable

2 meter GXM 30

extension cable

Owner's manual

Optional automotive kit:

Unlocked City Select DVD

128 MB data card

12-volt adapter with speaker

Friction mount

Automotive mount

This is awesome. I already have the XM, so I could get this, subscribe to the weather and have one device to do both. That would be great. I see the price is $999 retail, so it is not much off of some others.

Any idea what the weather service costs?

Tom

I was just saying this weekend that I would replace my GPS V when Garmin came out with the 376C. Surely, I thought, that they would have moved to SD or CF for memory. It appears that they are still using their proprietary memory. The XM capability is a plus for sure. The XM weather packages run from $30-50 monthly.

Kevin

The XM weather packages run from $30-50 monthly.
$30 to $ 50 per month is a little steep to look at the weather on the road. I doubt I would do this. I have the weatherband in my J&M 2003CB. I like the XM radio idea, but this may make this unit not worth it. I guess it will depend on the net cost with the auto kit.

Tom

Of course they come out with this the day after my 276c get here. :eek:

Well the weather isn't worth that much a month to me, maybe I'll get one after I win the lottery :bleh: .

And I've allready got the portable XM unit.

The point being that the 276C is a great piece of work excluding the proprietary memory. Adding XM which eliminates another device from my bike (one that's not waterproof) would be worth the added dollars especially if it used SD or CF.

Zzooomm

Adding XM which eliminates another device from my bike (one that's not waterproof) would be worth the added dollars especially if it used SD or CF.
Sorry, it still uses the Garmin memory cards. :(

Has the introduction of the 376 dropped the price of the 276? Ian, Iowa

Has the introduction of the 376 dropped the price of the 276? Ian, Iowa
Not from what I have seen yet. However, I too hope the 276 price will drop a notch once the 376 actually makes it to the store. Per www.gps4fun.com, the 376 won't actually make it to retail until mid August. So, we still have a few weeks before the 276 might come down in price. However, I wouldn't be suprised if the 276 remains the same price.