New Hampshire Breakfast Club Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ay Ca-rumba! Current weather prognostications saying a high of 96 degrees on Saturday.

We may have to ride the bikes right into the ocean!!

GoracleBreathingFire.gif

(can we go back to winter yet?) :scooter:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, the planets are badly mis-aligned and I have to be at work at 9:00. Maybe Grace would drive over for breakfast. I'll ask her.

Ay Ca-rumba! Current weather prognostications saying a high of 96 degrees on Saturday.
If that's considered hot....I need to know if anyone has a line on IT jobs up there! :D
That ain't just hot, it's smokin hot on the New Hampshire temperature scale. We're all a bunch of cold blooded bastids up here. :p

There are IT jobs up the wazzoo down in Mass (Boston outreaches). Half of the people in my town do that commute every day.

If that's considered hot....I need to know if anyone has a line on IT jobs up there! :D
On the other side of the coin, we have months where 25°F looks like a heat wave. There can be 80 inches of snow on the ground and no place to put any more yet 3 feet are predicted over the next 12 hours. You won't have to worry about driving on the ice and in the snow because weeks ago your car slid off the road, totaled it self on a tree and can't be extricated from the ditch until after the spring thaw and mud season ends. You should hear from the folks that live farther north where winter is a lot worse than ours in NH.

We may have to ride the bikes right into the ocean!!

GoracleBreathingFire.gif

(can we go back to winter yet?) :scooter:
That's a great big NO!!! :angry2: Fred I'll take the heat. I'm still recovering from the winter of 2010/2011 Besides your Lobstah will be taking the REAL heat :yahoo: Gail feeling better as well and will at least have a breakfast feast!

Well, the predictions of heat were somewhat accurate, but it didn't come on fully until quite late in the day.

We had a delightful morning ride over to rural Mason to the infamous Parkers Maple Barn. Arriving at 8AM was a stroke of pure genius, as we beat the weekend crowds (they were waiting to get in by the time we left) got the choice seating all together in a big table, and the restaurant was still nice and cool (no, they don't have any AC). I'm always ready to go to Parkers at the drop of a hat, but it was great to see some of the local NERDS there this morning.

It was a gustatorial delight. I saw strawberry stuffed french toast, all manner of pancakes w/ delicious maple syup made on premises. And Gina even went for the mini-Parkers special with deep fried french toast. In the best NERDS tradition there are no pictures, no evidence. If you don't believe this happened that's fine. Keep the crowd down at Parkers.

And best of all... we got to sing a round of Happy Birthday to Professor ionbeam. He wasn't aware of this, but Helen had tipped some of us off that the Prof. had made another orbit of the sun again today!! Hard to believe it has been that many times. He doesn't look a day over 58!! :p

We did eventually find our way to Newicks out on Dover Point for a "light lunch", (ha!) this less than 4 hours after just devouring hearty breakfasts. And then before we left the 'beams nabbed themselves some live crustaceans on ice and stuffed them in their saddle bag to bring back for their "private celebration" tonight. Wink, wink... nudge nudge... :p

Seriously, I think those of us who were able to make it today would say that we are all honored that you would spend even a part of your day with the likes of us, never mind leading us around some of your old stompin' grounds. I hope it was as enjoyable for you and Helen as it (always) is for us..

Cheers to you buddy!! :drinks:

I am sorry I missed this. I have eaten many lobsters at Newicks, along with a few buckets of steamers. Yum. :cheffsmiley:

Happy birthday to Mr. Beam. :good:

'twas a splendiforus day. When we arrived at Parker's they set us up with a table to seat more people than what we arrived with and it was a good thing because people kept rolling in. The LD award goes to BigOgre from LI that came just for breakfast. Like the Adirondacks ride at Travers Diner, the waitress was a lot of fun. It was great to hook up again with most of the Breakfast Club. Lots of laughs and way too much food was had.

Afterwards, all the people that had free time followed along and hopefully enjoyed some of my more favorite local roads with good history, scenery, curves and sweepers. The weather held off and stayed livable until later in the afternoon, then the sun burned off the haze and clouds then it got darn hot fast. After eating way too much for breakfast we made up for it by stopping at a good seafood place and had way too much food for lunch. The restaurant has a fish market inside so I picked up a couple of saltwater crawdads to haul home for supper.

Mike, I hope you had a good day today and an easy (long) ride down to CT to pick up a ferry to get home. As we were meandering to the highway for Mike we ran into happened upon two female turkeys herding >20 little turkeylets across the road.

The crawdads were awesome along with an avocado, tomato salad. BURP!!!!

I want to thank everyone for a stupendous time! Hope to see y'all again at NERDS in ~30 days. I *may* be hungry again by then.

It sounds like you guys had a great time and I wish I'd checked the forum before the day after you guys had a great time. I just moved to Cape Cod and need to check out the New England scenery. Can I play next time you all get together?

Alan, I had a GREAT day. Breakfast was perfect again, especially after the early-morning hop through some small towns. The roads and scenery, including so many proud old homes, were memorable. Exeter was cool and the lobster pie (and the fudge) was the right call. Oh yeah, and I got to take in a wedding too!

Besides, anytime I can sneak my lunch bill onto your tab, how can I go wrong? :p

As Fred said, it was really cool that you'd share part of your day showing us around like that. It was truly appreciated. (As was taking the time in the mid-day heat to get me nicely onto 495. I still hit about 20 minutes of crap and thanked you several times for getting me around most of it.) People like you should have many, many, more birthdays and stick around for as long as you can.

Looking forward to seeing you all soon again at NERDS.

[dlfunk - If they allow a New Yawker, not to mention a Canadian or two, to tag along, can't imagine they wouldn't welcome anyone who actually moved there. Check out the NERDS site - but do it quick.]

It sounds like you guys had a great time and I wish I'd checked the forum before the day after you guys had a great time. I just moved to Cape Cod and need to check out the New England scenery. Can I play next time you all get together?
Howdy new neighbor! Everyone is welcome to join us and a FJR isn't even required. Do keep an eye on the Ride Planning & Regional Information Exchange Northeast section. Little local rides like the one yesterday are usually posted a week to 1 hr before we leave, some of the bigger planned group rides will be posted earlier. Some NE riders are ride 'snipers' that estimate where we will be mid-morning and intercept us along the way which is risky unless you let us know in advance. You will find that almost all our rides involve food someplace during the day -- like the beginning, middle and sometimes the end of the rides :lol:

You may want to try riding through the summer traffic leaving and returning to the Cape before attempting an inland ride 'cause the traffic may take longer to navigate than that day's ride will take.

Sorry to have missed out at Parkers and El Senor Beams birthday! Fortunately, however, I was up in Maine with the family for some much needed R&R with Aroostook riding the dirt!

Was thinking of this Friday morning for a ride, if anyone is interested? I still need to get my %&*$# together and finish up that Chowda Run business if i'm gonna make it happen!

Let me make sure the other half can square away the morning ritual for Friday.... otherwise, I may just have to postpone until Saturday when she could join the group on her new Bandit!! :blink:

Will post up ASAP, just need to figure a decent route.... have a few eateries in mind.

Let me make sure the other half can square away the morning ritual for Friday.... otherwise, I may just have to postpone until Saturday when she could join the group on her new Bandit!! :blink:

Will post up ASAP, just need to figure a decent route.... have a few eateries in mind.
New England Riders "NER" breakfast club is meeting 9am this Friday. You know the fat French guy, not me the other one, OSJ is hosting it and said there is plenty of room for all of us. Click Here

Friday is gonna be in the 70's, I'll pull out my heated gear. The lake here in Fiskdale is 80!

Damn, as it turns out I don't think I'm going to be able to come out and play on Friday. I'm having to cover for two of the other co-worker jamokes that are out on their vacations this week, so screwing off slipping out for breakfast (and more? :unsure: ) might be a bit risky.

Being a HUGE Diner fan (both in personal girth and appeal) I'd really like to go try that one, and it would be good to see Old Stone Jim again...

We'll see what we can do... :p Shhhhh!

But you're lying about the temps. Still calling for highs of 79 for Friday here. Oh wait. I guess technically that IS in the 70's ;)

Wowza! That sounds like a good deal! Thank you sir, may I have another! Agreed, would be great to run across Jim's path again! I'll make a new thread for others to pick up on this, just so it's not missed (and so Fred doesn't have to try to keep things hush! :p )