New helmet law in Myrtle Beach

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C&C

Reaction score
Not that this is not a problem with most of us here (as we have the sense to use a helmet and eye protection without needing a law), but Myrtle Beach has enacted a new law requiring, said above protection, beginning this Saturday, 2/28/09 within city limits. There seems to be a challenge, of this new law, from some of the biker groups as South Carolina does not require helmets for adult riders.

Myrtle Beach is no longer a proponent of the Myrtle Beach Rally held in May and is trying to dissuade participation of the throngs that attend and constipate the roads leading into and out of the city. Note that North Myrtle Beach is still promoting the Rally as a good thing and is encouraging attendance.

Anyway, just thought I'd share so all could be forwarned.

Good news if you like visiting...but don't wanna ride in a parade of pirates.

My wife and I love beach trips to Myrtle Beach...she especially, but I like it too. Especially if combined with a trip in the mountains.

Well, I'm about to experience Daytona Bike Week since I'm working in Daytona. I hope the traffic doesn't suck too bad. Biketoberfest was ok, I here this event will be much larger. The vendors are setting up at the race track. They even will probably keep the already busy hospital EDs very busy. Halifax ED services are well used even in the non event times. The amount of idiots being brought in to the Hospitals is surprising. Its a steady stream during these events. Stupid Hurts... :wacko: :blink: :aarambo: :aarock:

I can hear the straight pipe manly machines rolling in right now, well the vibration is shaking my 5th wheel. :rockwoot: :pirate: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :tease:

Last edited by a moderator: