New or Used - Los Angeles area dealers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John_Dumke

Reaction score
I have been lusting after this bike for years now. It is time to upgrade the 98 YZF1000 to something a little more two up friendly.

My questions are, If I am looking for a 2006 or 07, in the ABS (non AE) model. What are some good dealerships in the LA / Orange Co area. I don't mind driving.

What is the likely OTD price for new? (I noticed a new 2006 ABS for 14,500 on cycle trader, back out tax and it is 13,400.)

What would be a fair price for a very lightly used 2006 (less than 5,000k miles)?

This would of course assume no Y.E.S. or other valuable add ons. Thanks in advance for the help, I am jealous of you current owners.

LA Cycle Sports and they give instant OTD pricing via the net.

Where I bought mine. Inventory can be hit-and-miss but by far the lowest price I could find on my AE. No haggle though - the price they have is the price you pay. I even went to a dealer closer to me with LA Cycle's price to see if they could at least come close... wouldn't move off of MSRP... idiots. Bike was still on the showroom floor two months later after I bought mine.

If you want to be "sold" by the dealership or salesman, this is not the place. Straight-forward, no BS. Would recommend LA Cycle.

+1 for LA Yamaha (LA Cycle Sports). In 2005 they were the only dealership that gave me any MSRP discount. No hassle experience and they came within $10 of D&H's Y.E.S. policy cost. Lots of people elsewhere got better deals but my '05 ABS with full Y.E.S. was about $14.0K out the door. All my local dealers bad-mouthed LA Yamaha but didn't move a dime on price, even with $500 deposit in my hand. I had a great buying experience.

I just got an instant quote from them and it's $14999 out the door for a 2007 FJR 1300A.

Is this an ok price?

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending on your sales tax rate this looks very close to sticker. Are the dealers that stubborn / market that tight in Kali?

In the rest of the lower 48, $1000 off sticker w/o adds should be a slam dunk.

--G

Depending on your sales tax rate this looks very close to sticker. Are the dealers that stubborn / market that tight in Kali?

--G
It's a one state bike ! Dealers rarely budge from sticker. :angry2:

Tried SouthBay Motorsports ?

--G
It's a one state bike ! Dealers rarely budge from sticker. :angry2:
Like Highlander said, other states seem to have some better pricing sometimes. They aren't buying the Ca. model :FJR13AVC (3P65)Ca. either with all the extra smog crap that costs more money for Yamaha to manufacture

I just got an instant quote from them and it's $14999 out the door for a 2007 FJR 1300A.Is this an ok price?
Try Mission Motorsports (LA) - they gave me the best OTD on a new 06AE (that I didn't buy) from all of the LA dealers I contacted about 3 weeks ago...or try Conrad @ Santa Barbara motor sports, I got a great deal on a used (800 miles) 06AE...that I brought 3 weeks ago...and he had a couple of 07A's come on that week...

I recommend you go on the Yamaha website, get the list of all dealers in the area you're interested, create one email letting them know what you're interested, how soon you'd buy etc...and send it to all of them (the more the better), then whan you start getting prices back call the lower ones and play them off agaiinst each other...

Best of luck!

Escape, how did you figure MSRP? Yamaha site has MSRP for the '07 AE listed as $15,599. Our sales tax is something like 8.25% (depends on county) and there are some stiff DMV fees (around 1.5% IIRC). That makes his OTD price somewhere over $1500 off MSRP?

What about a used (under 5k mi) 06 ABS model. What would be a fair price, with no YES or other significant upgrades.

From everything I have read, a non Cal Compliant bike needs to have 7,500+ miles to be regsitered here. So I am not going to bother exploring this avenue.