New to the FJR community

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just picked up a 2007 FJR1300A about a month and a half ago. I am from Nampa, Idaho. Looking forward to meeting people in the community. Preparing for a trip to Grand Teton and then into South Dakota end of August. Absolutely love this bike. Purchased here in Meridian, Idaho with just over 17,000 miles. Runs very well with 0 issues.

Attachments

• My Bikes.jpg
    My Bikes.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Welcome. Come play with this bunch of folks.
UPDATED 7/19/2023 with Saturday night Dinner GIVEAWAYS and RAFFLE items. If you were on the fence about going here is your motivation!

UPDATED 7/16/2023 with registration and dinner link below.

Greetings friends, whether you are only attending event or attending the event and having dinner Saturday Night please click the link below to complete your registration and/or pay for dinner. THANK YOU!

DINNER AND EVENT REGISTRATION -
attacktheroad.com

The “Why Not” Rally – Registration

The “Why Not” Rally – September 7th – 10th, 2023 What: The “Why Not” Rally Where: The Oregon Trail Motel and Restaurant, 211 Bridge St, Baker City, OR 97814 When…
attacktheroad.com
attacktheroad.com
SHIRTS - Here is the link -----> https://www.customink.com/g/zzr0-00cr-h1vv
Go to the link, choose your style size, place and pay for your order online and once the order closes I will have all the shirts sent to the Oregon Trail Motel for distribution on Thursday - Friday.

Looking forward to seeing new and old friends and ripping up a little of NE Oregon!

Attachments​

Just picked up a 2007 FJR1300A about a month and a half ago.
Are you sure it is a 2007 (and an "A" model?) In North America, the 2007 "A" model was Black Cherry color.
The bike in your photo is clearly a Gen II but appears to be "Liquid Silver". This would apply to the 2010 and 2011 "A" models.

The '07 AE (auto-clutch) was Cerulean Silver. So was the '06 AE. The '08 and '09 AE were Liquid Silver...
(Correction: Titanium Metallic or Granite Gray, depending on the source for the description)

Not 100% sure I could tell the difference between the two silver colors (Cerulian and Liquid) in a photo - depends on the lighting. That LOOKS like the brighter Liquid Silver ('10,'11) but couldn't say for sure. Could definitely tell with the two together.

Welcome from New Brunswick, Canada.

(Edited for color description correction)

Last edited:
Are you sure it is a 2007 (and an "A" model?) In North America, the 2007 "A" model was Black Cherry color.
The bike in your photo is clearly a Gen II but appears to be "Liquid Silver". This would apply to the 2010 and 2011 "A" models.

The '07 AE (auto-clutch) was Cerulean Silver. So was the '06 AE. The '08 and '09 AE were Liquid Silver...

Not 100% sure I could tell the difference between the two silver colors in a photo - depends on the lighting. That LOOKS like the brighter Liquid Silver but couldn't say for sure. Could definitely tell with the two together.

The 08 AE is a shade darker; Granite Gray

The 08 AE is a shade darker; Granite Gray
I was going by the "Comparison Matrix" which says "Metallic Titanium/Liquid Silver #". Not sure if I have seen one in the wild - just the '06 and '07.
Color Rite lists it as
Yamaha 1086 Dark Gray Metallic G (DNMG) / Granite Gray

Last edited:
09 AE is Titanium Metallic. See my Avatar.
I saw the "Liquid Silver" part of the description in the comparison matrix and thought it would be more silver than that. Whatever the color is in the original photo, it isn't the '08/'09 Titanium Metallic (or "Yamaha 1086 Dark Gray Metallic G (DNMG) / Granite Gray" as described by ColorRite).

(Correction: Titanium Metallic or Granite Gray, depending on the source for the description)

Not 100% sure I could tell the difference between the two silver colors (Cerulian and Liquid) in a photo - depends on the lighting. That LOOKS like the brighter Liquid Silver ('10,'11) but couldn't say for sure. Could definitely tell with the two together.

(Edited for color description correction)
I stand corrected It must be an AE Just not that Savy on these bikes as I am new to it. There is no clutch lever. It does have foot shifting as well as button shifting next to the left grip. The title says 2007 FJR1300

I stand corrected It must be an AE Just not that Savy on these bikes as I am new to it. There is no clutch lever. It does have foot shifting as well as button shifting next to the left grip. The title says 2007 FJR1300
Yes, that would make it an "AE" model and explains the silver paint.