New Website

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carnifex

Ka-Chow!
Reaction score
As reported in another thread, I've been down with a broken ankle the past 3 weeks, with another 4-8 weeks to go, and since I've not been able to get out, I've been keeping busy.

I've built a website @ https://www.delmarvamotorcycling.com with news about rides and such in my local area. If anyone on the board is from the shore, or the surrounding area, drop in and give it a look-see. It's not very pretty yet, but I'm still working on that.

(Sorry to the admins in advance if this is not appropriate. I'll take the flogging if you wish)

What is a Delmarva?
Right, right - what indeed is a Delmarva..

:)

Delmarva is a peninsula along the Mid-Atlantic coast of the US that extends into the Cheapeake Bay and Atlantic Ocean, it contains portions of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. Also referred to as the "Eastern Shore". It's a popular vacation destination for residents of the Washington DC, Baltimore MD, and Philadelphia PA metro areas.

A Harley friend just sent me a link to the DelMarVa bike rally coming up in mid-September. We've been to that area several times, and have even seen the wild horse(s) on Chincoteague Island. Funny part was that after we searched the woods to see one of the wild horses, we went back to our car to find one in the parking lot. Go figure!

What's that little restaurant/bar in Rehobeth Beach (or Dewey Beach) that has the world's largest collection of hot sauce displayed on their walls?

My dad and I rode over to Delmarva Bike week last year - I was the only FJR I saw in a sea of Harleys, Customs, and Cruisers, with an 'occasional' sport bike. I've never seen so many bikes in on place as I did @ the show grounds.

I know what resturant you're talking about.. I think it might be the Starboard, but I'm not 100% sure.