Next 2015 Pants WITH REDFISH Adventure - Go West (not so) Young Man!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you guys are there safe. I talked to RFH this evening. Work got in my way, and I'm not going to make it out there. Have fun running north. Call me on the way back. Maybe work will have chilled out by then, and I can go ride...Or meet you for lunch or something.
These guys must think no one likes them. Everyone keeps bailing on them because of "Work."
No shit. I ended up working 3 doubles this week. 16 hour days with 8 hours between, but only about 5 of that is actual sleep. I'm effing tired.

My plan was to ride to my brothers and stay the night. Then get up early, ride to Tucumcari and meet the trio. Seeing as how I went to work at 11 last night and just walked in the door an hour ago, that got shot to shit. The problem is where they hit NM is 3 hours from where I live.

Maybe it'll be closer and easier on their way home.

Amazing day today. After breakfast, Rjamt pulls up to join us and we had 350 miles of yippue!!!

Angel Fire, Taos, rio grande, and an amazing rip along hwy 64. The redfish are holed up at a motel in Bloomfield and Rjamt and I are camping on lake Navajo. The high today was barely 80.

It's not bad

About 1600 miles in for Pants. I'm in the mode now. The new bike is fantastic - Rjamt and I had section of road well into the 90s this afternoon. Passing cars at a buck fifteen effortlessly. These bikes are incredible.

The Fjr was made for rides like today

We have been pulled over once and given a nice warning. RJ and I were paced by the Arizona Popo today and let us go. We are having good luck to say the least

Today - four corners, gooseneck state park, Mexican hat, monument valley, and Page. The redfish are hoteled in page And RJ and I are camped in glen canyon on the bank of the Colorado river. The whiskey is nice.

Life is good. Stay thirsty, my friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Adventure goes on. Today we spent the day in Zion national park. We hiked and explored and enjoyed ourselves. This place is indescribable. Tomorrow we are heading toward Bryce Canyon. I can't believe the weather has held out so long, but fear that tomorrow the rain will come. Oh well - I came into this world wet .....

John Muir was right. These lands should be preserved forever for all mankind to enjoy. it's just the right thing to do.

I'm having a ball. It's hard to believe that I'm doing this Redfish hunter cooked a fine meal for us and we even met a nice New Yorker to share lies with

Stay thirsty my friends.....

The redfish have started their track toward home. I'm by myself now. The solice is very nice for now. Camping in Moab tonite with the land barges (sigh - shut that damm generator down for pete's sake). Arches tomorrow and then I head east to seek out the golden trees.

Without any shadow of a doubt, this is the best road trip of my life - regardless of the number of wheels. The ride report will never do this justice.

Don't have to shut the generators off until 2200, loser. When you start taking that 40ft monster you bought out for trips, you will learn this. Also, on a hot Moab night, the AC is super nice.

Ride safe!!

Gennie noise is good reason to ride an open piped HD. Back it up to the obnoxious 200k motor-I'm-camping monstrosity and let the pipes roar.

Loud Pipes Shut Down Generators - :whistle:

Have a great ride.

Spent the day on the Aspen trees. Just spectacular. I'm about 3500 miles in and I can't see getting home without another 1500. The bike is filthy but all systems are still go.

Tomorrow I will continue south back into the high dessert of New Mexico and probably camp one more night. Then it's burn it through Texas and likely be home on Wednesday.

What a trip!

I have been following along my friend!! At EOM right now. Can't wait to read the report. Even you with your exemplary literary skills will have a difficult time capturing all the awesomeness that you experienced. The West is like a magnet, once you have gotten close, it pulls harder and harder until you come back. (At least that's how I feel). Have a great return as you head for the barn. Remember to balance smelling the roses with that of burnt rubber as you conclude. Ride safe!!

Time for an update from the Redfishes.

Pop and I made it home this evening safe and happy, just over 4700 miles round trip for me. That is the good news.

The Bad News: Hppants wrecked his FJR near Creed Colorado sometime this afternoon. He was taken to the hospital and evaluated.

I am happy to say that I spoke to him on the phone and he says he is fine. He has a hurt knee and some road rash on one forearm. He has a plan to get himself and the damaged bike and gear back home. It goes without saying but Pop and I did offer whatever help he needed, including driving back up there with a trailer to get the bike.

I will end this here. When Mr. Pants can fill in the blanks he can do so. In the meantime, any goodness whether it be thoughts or prayers you can send my friend I would deeply appreciate.

Aw shit that sucks!! I have friends in Colorado... If he needs any help, let me know and I'll get contact info to you or him. Tell him I'm sending lots of good thoughts and energy his way.

Ahh, man. That sux. Hppants.. you got a new nick name.

RippedPants.

Now get better and kiss ass to the ins co...

punk.gif

Sorry to hear this, and hope the self-assessment is accurate. Mr. hppants has a gift with words, and I'll wait patiently to hear him tell the story. Beaming good juju to Colorado ...

(Nice photos, Redfish Hunter!)

No one wanted to hear that this was his experience, but that pants can tell about it speaks volumes of how things are likely to turn out.

All the good vibes your way, pants...

Damn...hate to hear about a get-off, though glad it sounds like 'pants isn't banged up too badly.

Sending good thoughts his way!!

--G

I talked to him earlier. He sounds good at least. Bummed, but good. He was in a hotel and out of the hospital, which is awesome. Seemed like he had a lot of local help. Sometimes small towns are bad ass. If he needs anything he knows he can call.

Man, it sucks to hear that news. From his brief reports, 'pants was having a great time. I hope he heals up quick and the damage to the bike isn't too serious.

Getting the bike home after a get-off can be a chore...last fall I did a 20 hour drive from Lewiston ID to SoCal with two crashed FJRs in the back of a rental truck. It's not exactly a triumphant way to return home. I hope he doesn't have too much trouble getting that squared away.

I wish I were close enough to help out. I passed within 80 miles of Creede today, on 133 over McClure Pass. I'm in Granby CO tonight, 271 Garmin miles from Creede. He would probably be heading home by the time I got there.