NinWelly (XiTomer) throttle lock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a colorful copy of a Kaoko. I have had a couple real Kaoko and some throttle meisters. Kaoko easier to lock, but if you have big hands you need to make sure that they don't accidentally actuate the Kaoko style.

I too thought it looks like a Kaoko copy. I have a Kaoko on my '07 and '13. Easy install, easy to use. I have average hands for a 5'10" person so I have no problem with them.

Chuck, Russ-

Thanks for the responses. I agree that it looks like a Kaoko, maybe it even works the same way. But I was looking for experience with one (I found no reviews online) or assembly instructions (I found none online). Maybe the NinWelly is a relatively new product. They're cheap on eBay...something like $25 - $30. Maybe I'll be the forum guinea pig.

Chuck, Russ-

Thanks for the responses. I agree that it looks like a Kaoko, maybe it even works the same way. But I was looking for experience with one (I found no reviews online) or assembly instructions (I found none online). Maybe the NinWelly is a relatively new product. They're cheap on eBay...something like $25 - $30. Maybe I'll be the forum guinea pig.
Assembly instructions would be - remove screw and stock bar end. Install Kaoko like thing with same screw or new screw. It isn't going to be rocket science.

As it turns out, the ones on eBay are not NinWelly like the ones on Amazon. The ones on eBay are made by a company called XiTomer. On their website they show some photos with a small set screw like on a Kaoko but the actual part doesn't have that. And on the manufacturer's or distributor's website they say "Easy to install, Installation Instructions are NOT Included." Weird. I'll put it on tomorrow.

There was, in fact, a polarity. It was incredibly easy to install. There was a machined aluminum spacer which, after looking at the existing bar end, obviously went on one way. Maybe it flips over for other fitments (YZF-R1, YZF-R6). There are two friction washers which, according to a photo, both go on the stack but it becomes clear that you just select one thickness depending on the desired spacing. I chose the thin one so I could back the lock way off the friction point to avoid accidentally engaging it.

I tried the lock out this morning on a limited-access state highway and then on the interstate. It engages easily and has a wide range of workable friction zone. It holds without loosening from vibration and is easily over ridden either direction by advancing or retarding the throttle. It quickly and easily releases completely. My fat hand didn't tend to try to actuate it.

Last edited:
There was, in fact, a polarity. It was incredibly easy to install. There was a machined aluminum spacer which, after looking at the existing bar end, obviously went on one way. Maybe it flips over for other fitments (YZF-R1, YZF-R6). There are two friction washers which, according to a photo, both go on the stack but it becomes clear that you just select one thickness depending on the desired spacing. I chose the thin one so I could back the lock way off the friction point to avoid accidentally engaging it.

I tried the lock out this morning on a limited-access state highway and then on the interstate. It engages easily and has a wide range of workable friction zone. It holds without loosening from vibration and is easily over ridden either direction by advancing or retarding the throttle. It quickly and easily releases completely. My fat hand didn't tend to try to actuate it.
Thank you for the review and the nice price on EBay. For $30ish I will
pick one up.It will be nice to give the right hand a break.
I rode to Douglas WY last month, I either tried or did give the right a break with the crossover and held the throttle open with the left. I strapped a bicycle gel pad backwards on the Gen 1 seat. It isn’t pretty and it sure helps.
Next year at Baker City if I am not taking peoples pictures and typing their name and handle on ithe picture someone please remind me to. I remember a handful of faces names and handles and I was experiencing informations overload.

Harper, you recently did the O-ring replacement in the upper fork cartridge that Dan posted for me? I mentioned the picture and name thing because I thought you are the blond guy that lives near Interbay and is about the same shortness as I am. Nope, different guy. Was it tricky getting the cartridge(s) out? What part of town are you in? I am in the LC Lake City. I am sure fork oil is not a recommended eye lube and I should fix my forks. When I test road the bike in August it handled great. Now it has a Wild West feel in the suspension. Plus fork oil on the windscreen with rain and snow AT NIGHT was like having 200/20 vision and no glasses. I was trying to beat the winter weather advisory. I rode from Sheridan WY to New Seattle in 16 hours 960 miles. The last five were challenging, about an inch or two of snow on Snoqualmie Pass.

I need to read up more on the forks. Like how much fork oil and what brand and weight for Racetech springs I believe .95’s.
Time for research to gain confidence and get an idea of the plan of attack. Will I be able to do this on the center stand?
Thank you again Harper.