No less than 500

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had my '05 Feejer since November of '04 and haven't made one regional meet. I'll try to make NAFO my first. I have a family reunion in July in Puerto Rico (Dad's side of the family), but I'm hoping I can arrange this time off as well. I'd love to be a part of a SouthEast group that could ride over there. Definitely high on my wish list.
Steve

I am thinking of doing a BBG for the trip out. Wanna tag or lead - you can clear the deer :p
BBG is 1500 miles in < 24 hours right? Since I haven't even done more than 500 in a day, I think all I'd be good for is keeping you from getting 1500. I may get a firearms setup like Iggy just for the phukin deer... blacktails are larger than whitetails. :unsure:

The old dates were supposedly set in stone so why :eek: the change (in dates) :wacko: ....not replying will not be acceptable....just FYI.....

Do'no. Maybe a new stone? Acid rain or a volcanic evemt devoured the old one?

Tinker

Might just have to book a venue that wasn't available then ? Not an easy task to put this large bunch of hooligans somewhere . . . :dntknw:

The old dates were supposedly set in stone so why :eek: the change (in dates) :wacko: ....not replying will not be acceptable....just FYI.....

sand stone, ,,,, trying to get enuf rooms for 500 or more is a tough task, gotta give the guys working this a break, dont want 10 different hotels / 10 miles apart. Also might have to get something like a ballroom/ wedding room for the festivities! they probably wont save a block of rooms or floors for the evening revelries.

I think their ( hotel) plans are " keep them seperated" so the partys dont get out of hand, done this with weddings. they wont keep everyone together (cept the main bridal group same floor).

Just my thoughts,,, the earlier the better , the summer vacation folks will croud the hotels latter half of july thru september. hotels dont care who's paying, they'll be full. making the same money.

I dont know the organizers, but have been thru this at weddings (for 200 ppl. not 500 or better) I feel for them, its a tough task. hotels will cancel.

Just me backin the boys up, been there , trying to save 50 rooms for wedding, that was a big task.

With the number of people attending, is it time to consider a camp site ? Just my 02. Sooner or later no motel will be large enough.

Mac :rolleyes:

With the number of people attending, is it time to consider a camp site ? Just my 02. Sooner or later no motel will be large enough.
That blew my mind, given the average age of FJR owers, my mind pictured a senior version of Woodstock. :lmaosmiley:

That blew my mind, given the average age of FJR owers, my mind pictured a senior version of Woodstock. :lmaosmiley:
Yeah, and all the beemer guys do it so it must be good...right
Ya, and at our age can't you just see the line at night for the mens john. :yahoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.