No New Tickers???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deagle

Reaction score
Now that Summer is half over and the bikes have accumulated mileage, I thought I'd be hearing more individual stories about bike repairs....but it's been kind of quiet out there. I like hearing people's tales, as it lets me keep in mind how to approach the dealers and/or Yamaha in case the ticking affects mine.

Does the lack of new ticking threads mean all the bikes are running like champs?

Didn't you hear. Yamaha figured out the problem last year and initiated :D the fix on all 05's. Problem is since they never publicly acknowledged a problem they can't acknowledge a fix. Happy tick free riding all.

There are quite a few 2005 FJR tickers. There is a good thread about them on FJRowners.....

The frequency *seems* - emphasis on seems - to be less than in prior years, but I wouldn't say Yamaha should claim victory quite yet.

From what you have said Warchild , a small bit of optimism might be in order. That is good to hear. Thanks

I was trying to be humorous but my smilie wound up in the middle of the post instead of at the end. But, I do hope they correct it by 06.

speaking of which...

My 05 fixed-ticker seems, no, is clearly generating more left side heat than before it had the new head put on. Still run's 2 bars on the guage for the most part.

Strange <shrug/>

I sure do like that thing though.

Franks build date was June 2004. 9300 miles, tick free so far. Fingers sewed crossed, knuckles raw from wood knocking, virgin sacrificed (toughest find so far), rooster bones shaken, witch doctor annuity negotiated. have I forgotten anything?

I was recently thinking the same thing.

My 05 has only accumulated 8,800 miles since I picked it up last November. With a new job, daughters wedding, & more equine shows than I care to remember, my normal heavy riding schedule has been severely impacted!

My bike rarely shows over two bars unless I am in stop & go traffic in high heat. Let's hope the tickers will be as rare as an honest politician! :D

I picked up Ziggy late October, 9300 tick free miles...Hey Rad can ya spare a virgin Bro ? I'll swap ya a gris-a-gris and 2 monkeys feet...the bike runs cool enough but not so with the young latina's.... :D

Bobby

There are quite a few 2005 FJR tickers.
Nope, no 05's tick. None, nada, zip.

<Picture Woodstock with his hands over his ears saying "na na na na" to drown out any other voices>

;)

My '05 was picked up April 1st, 5600 miles and no ticks!! :clap:

Build date: 2/05

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked Big Blue up in October 05, 16,000 miles and tick free, did buy the extended warranty though, just in case.

Didn't drop below 3 bars all the way through Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas until I got to Louisiana, unless I was riding at night then it settles at 2 bars.

Skippy

My 05 has a June 04 build date and started ticking at ~6500 miles. I've got 10K on it now, just getting louder all the time. Should get it fixed soon.

As someone else has said 'Loud Valves Save Lives' :lol:

If everyone else is like me,,..

they don't want to waste prime riding season.

My chitty, chitty, bang, bang, won't go to the dealer till November or December.

I want to ride.

That's why we are quiet. The problem did not majicly go away.

When the snow flies, I am sure this is going to be a big issue.

Hopefully, the WC tick archieve will be summarized, updated and posted by then.

I had my suspicions at 10K, was worried at 15k, wife complained about the noise at 16k. :erm:

I still have not taken it to a dealer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Franks build date was June 2004. 9300 miles, tick free so far. Fingers sewed crossed, knuckles raw from wood knocking, virgin sacrificed (toughest find so far), rooster bones shaken, witch doctor annuity negotiated. have I forgotten anything?
That's my problem! I got the directions mixed up.

I sewed the virgin crossed

knocked my wood raw

and left my bones shaken

:blink: