No talk of an Old Dominion FJR riders Group meet?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy doo guys and chicks, if you're taking a count of people, I won't be attending this ride. Had a very unexpected incident this past weekend that'll keep me from riding for a bit. I'm fine... my bike isn't. Anyway, have fun & really hope to attend a function in the future.

Heidi

Howdy doo guys and chicks, if you're taking a count of people, I won't be attending this ride. Had a very unexpected incident this past weekend that'll keep me from riding for a bit. I'm fine... my bike isn't. Anyway, have fun & really hope to attend a function in the future.
Heidi

That Sucks!

Hope your back on the road soon Heidi.

Tom

Heidi

That Sucks!

Tom
Yeah what Tom said ....

Heidi

That Sucks!

Tom
+1!

Heidi

That Sucks!

Tom
+1!
+2. Glad you're OK Heidi. Hope to see ya soon

THe 14th is approaching quickly. Just so we are all on the same sheet of music. THe Golden Corral, Charlottesville, Hwy 29, 12 noon or there abouts.

No one has mentioned a "rain date". DOes this group believe is such?

Personally, I'm a fair weather rider. So, if it's rain, I'm inside (FYI for FJRGary)

Hey guys, there is a VERY slim chance that I could make this... but doubtful. If it looks good, I'll let you know.

As far as rain dates??? We don't need no stinkin' rain dates! Hahaha!!! just kidding. I never start out intending to ride in the rain but it happens, quite often I might add! I chalk it up to "comes w/ the territory" when you tour.

That sounds great Heidi. I certainly hope you can make it.

I also certainly hope it will be warmer next weekend. Temps in the high 20s and chance of light snow tonight. Not my kind of riding weather :(

That sounds great Heidi. I certainly hope you can make it.
I also certainly hope it will be warmer next weekend. Temps in the high 20s and chance of light snow tonight. Not my kind of riding weather :(
What...they dont make chains for the FJR??? :lol:

Gary X2, no delivered parts joy for me, yet...

I am figuring that my chances of attending this are slim to none... so, count me out this time. Hope you guys have fun... & rice, that 15 MPH switchback will have to wait for another day.

Peace you guys, Heidi

Last edited by a moderator:
Heidi,

Sorry to hear the parts wont be in on time for the ride. Its a shame too, I bought the DVD and book, and have been practicing my switchbacks. Good news is, I got both with a 30-day money back guarantee...switchbacks arent all the fun they are said to be anyhow.

Hope you are up and riding again soon.

Gary

Wish I could make it but my nephew is coming up from GA to pick up my VX. I'll be back to 1 bike. The VX is going to a good home. Ride safe.

OK guys n gals (and Heidi), I seem to be detecting more confirming they WONT be making it this Sat than those committing to being there. Again, I might just be overstepping the boundaries, but do we want to consider shooting for another day and time. Just asking.

Otherwise...I'm up for it, even if it turns out to be just FJR Gary and myself....you are still going to make it arent you????

Hey Riceman, which Sheetz? Opal or the one just south of Madison (at Rt. 230)

FJR Gary...I guess the question about which Sheetz can wait to be answered until later. I probably ment the one in Madison. Sorry for the confusion.

At any rate, I think FJR Gary and myself have agreed that this Sat, the 14th, is not going to be a good day...for either of us. I know for myself...I wont be making the ride. I do however, look forward to the possibility of rescheduling.

Gary

Well guys and gals, I guess its time to regroup and reschedule. It appears this Saturday's ride was down to Riceman and me, and last check of the weekend weather forecast was not too promising. 70% chance of rain and temp around 50 degrees.

Someone had origianlly suggested April 21 as a rain date. The 21st is good with me. I have prior commitments the following 2 weekends after that. Heidi, any chance you may be on the road by the 21st??