No talk of an Old Dominion FJR riders Group meet?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well guys and gals, I guess its time to regroup and reschedule. It appears this Saturday's ride was down to Riceman and me, and last check of the weekend weather forecast was not too promising. 70% chance of rain and temp around 50 degrees.
Someone had origianlly suggested April 21 as a rain date. The 21st is good with me. I have prior commitments the following 2 weekends after that. Heidi, any chance you may be on the road by the 21st??
Chances are looking REALLY slim to none Gary. University Motors sat on my order for a few days too long due to a back ordered left clipon. (it seems that it is backordered until the end of the month) I just happened to get in touch w/ them about some odds and ends that I wanted to order & I asked if my order had gone out, yet. I was notified that, no my order had not gone out & they were waiting on the clip-on to send. OH MY GOD!!!

I kindly asked them to send my stuff out "immediately" if not sooner & send the bar separately. I got the tracking # from Fed Ex & the parts aren't due to arrive until Monday... a few days too late for me to work on it over the weekend. So, working on my bike has been pushed back to the weekend that you're planning to ride. So, it looks like I'll be a no-go that weekend, too. Thanks for thinking of me... but don't let me hold you guys up.

Here I sit as the spring riding is dwindling away. SUMANABITCH!!!

OK...Sat, Apr 21st...sounds good to me. We keep pushing it back, and I might have to ride my new FJR.... :)

Time to pony-up. Whos good for this day.

If nothing else, FJR Gary...maybe we could at least link up for a ride or something? I'd really like to see some people make this date.

Da Riceman

Last edited by a moderator:
So, did you guys go? Sorry to have missed this. Got any pictures???

A future meet should yield a Heidi.

My bike is rideable. This weekend I replaced the stator cover & the left fairing. The list of things left to repair/replace is dwindling. I still need to replace my handlebar clipons, put new grips & bar end weights on, drill hole for a new slider & replace muffler slipons. The hardest part (which was the stator cover) is done. I'm going to let my mechanic handle the front wheel. I'm going to look into having it refinished.

Anyone replacing a stator cover... it is a major pain in the ass & be sure to have an impact wrench to remove the stator from the old cover.

Heidi

Last edited by a moderator:
Lotz of talk and no action. Anyone thinking about rescheduling the previous ride? Need to act...my open dates are filling up!

I know the 19th is out for me. Depending on house closing, I might be able to make the 12th! Lets ride!!!!!!

I have a previous MC engagement that has been planned for months, May 10, 11, 12, 13 & 14th. I guess the next meet won't be yielding a Heidi after all.

Nort so sure about the next weekend, either. Will keep an eye in here to see what plays out.

Heidi

Lotz of peoplez, and lotz of motorcyclez...seemzzz a shamez it is soooo hard to get together. Man...life just seems to get in the way of all the fun