Nor-Cal Ride Report

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
96 follows the Klamath River all the way, so there are no passes to deal with. But south of Yreka and either side of Willow Creek is mountainous country that can be treacherous in winter. And winter storms can beset even that country along the Klamath.
I was planning this NorCal trip for the end of April or early May of 2010. My only experience with this area was on a 3-day NorCal ride in mid-April of this year with Pashnit. Once in NorCal, we only rode the western half of 36, a short portion of 3 to Weaverville, and the west bound section of 299 back to the coast from Weaverville. So I missed the rest of Hwy 3 up to Yreka, the eastern half of 36 to Red Bluff, and all of 96 from Yreka to Willow Creek and then back to Weaverville.

I was just wondering if there are normally any road restrictions on 96 during mid April or early May.

Thanks to all who have chimed in. Our ride will begin in Santa Barbara if any of yous want to tag along or meet us up there.

Geo R.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great photos. :clapping:

It was good to see you all again! My last ride was last weekend. Average highs now are 35 with an average low of 25. So -- I will get my riding in vicariously through all of you. Keep the shiny side up please!