North Georgia FJR Rally!! Mark your calendar!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwilly

Administrator of Drama
Reaction score
FJR Rally at Two Wheels Only in Suches, Georgia

Fri-Sun, October 10-12

Georgia has acquired several new FJR riders who have registered on the forum in recent months. Let’s celebrate and get all of our Georgia FJR riders together along with FJR owners from nearby states in the beautiful mountains of North Georgia during this early fall weekend. There will be some leaf color; but this weekend should be early enough to beat the cage traffic.

GT and Britt Turner of Two Wheels Only will host our group. Breakfast and dinners are ala carte, affordable, and delicious. Unlimited camping sites are available and do not require advanced reservations. There are a limited number of rooms available at the lodge. Early reservations are highly recommended if you will not be camping. See the TWO website at TwoWheelsOnly.com for details. Include “FJR Rally” in the subject line of your email reservation.

The best lodging alternatives to TWO include some nearby cabins that are posted on the TWO website and hotels in nearby Dahlonega. Dahlonega is 15 miles south via some VERY twisty roads.

Note that TWO is in a dry county and that the nearest alcohol is in Dahlonega and Helen.

We’ll have a campfire, the opportunity to welcome new members, greet old friends, share some tall tales & good conversation, and then enjoy some outstanding riding opportunities including nearby routes and day trips to the Cherohala Skyway, Tail of the Dragon, Fort Mountain and the Ocoee Scenic Byway to name a few.

Riders who live near TWO are encouraged to make local lodging arrangements so that you don’t miss the abundant rally opportunities. Most rides will leave by 9:30 AM. Early morning and early evening rides risks contact with the abundant deer population in the area. Come on over, settle in, have a beer, and relax with us!

This will be a great event. Looking forward to seeing you there!

There will also be more information posted on GeorgiaSportTouring.com very soon. Including GPS files and information.

If you have any questions contact either gasportrider or myself.

Fantastic idea guys. Wife approves since our anniversary plans (for the same weekend) recently were shot to hell. This beats the hell out of what I had for a backup plan.

Great idea! I'm all in except for the Dragon. Just isn't worth it but all surrounding roads in the area around it are jam up.

Sounds great to me. I can't wait! I live pretty close so may not stay over the whole weekend, I can ride up in about 40 min.

Sounds like fun!Mrs. Twisty and I will definately try to make it.

:yahoo: Sounds like we'll have a wild time with women on the premises. Think we can get her liquored up and telling naughty stories around the campfire?

We can tell her its like a shower or bachelorette party.

I'm glad you both will be there! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

We'll have to get Fubar and his lady to be there too so she'll have female company.

Let's Parteeeee! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Sounds fun. Even if I don't have the FJR yet I will definitely come up on the R6 to meet you guys! For those that haven't been there yet it is a must. The best roads anywhere.

I did Fort->60->TWO->180->129->Richard Russell->Burnt on Saturday. Got to love it!

Sounds like a lot of fun. I hope I can make it, but I won't know until it gets closer to the date. The roads around T.W.O. are great.

The best roads anywhere.
I did Fort->60->TWO->180->129->Richard Russell->Burnt on Saturday. Got to love it!
Some of my favorite also. Man I can jam on those roads. :yahoo:

I was in the area Saturday as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
The best roads anywhere.
Some of my favorite also. Man I can jam on those roads. :yahoo:

I was in the area Saturday as well.
Sweet! Did you pass any R6s moving at a good clip?

Better yet any R6s pass you. :unsure: :p

Easy to set the rides according to the skill level of the riders. I ride with plenty of different level riders.

Rule #1 nobody gets left behind!

Everything else will work out. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet! Did you pass any R6s moving at a good clip?
Better yet any R6s pass you. :unsure: :p
Passed one in the other direction and I overtook two in my direction. :ph34r:

Easy to set the rides according to the skill level of the riders. I ride with plenty of different level riders.
Rule #1 nobody gets left behind!

Everything else will work out. :)
I got no problem pulling over and waiting, I seem to do that a lot with the guys I normally ride with anyway. :yahoo: