NW US, SW BC adventure to begin

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your “first“ coast to coast trip? I’ve yet to do one, but maybe someday.
I hope our little town treated you well. Crescent City it self is nothing special, but I’ve traveled to many beautiful places and between our redwoods, our coast line and the pristine Smith River, this county is hard to beat. Come on back and I’ll show you some great twisties too!

Well, I totally forgot I started this thread. Senior citizen memory performance (and other things) is not what it used to be.

Overall: Wonderful trip! So many great roads and beautiful, stunning scenery. I'll add more detail later but I'll toss in a couple data items. Total miles: 12,286. States visited: 26 plus British Columbia. Flat tires: 2, speeding tickets received: 0. Speeding ticket deserved: Many. Highest elevation: 14,115 ft. Lowest, about 5ft near Vancouver. Highest temperature: 104F in Grand Island Nebraska. Lowest temp: 34F on Pikes Peak.
My FJR was flawless, discounting the burned out headlight bulb. The 2005 FJR suffered a headlight relay failure, the other 2014 FJR and the R1250RT both suffered rear tire flats. Overall very trouble free road trip.

We did have some nasty weather to deal with, most notable was the rain/hail/wind storm we rode through over rabbit Ears Pass in CO. That was hairy. We all made it ok and the beer tasted great that night!

We were lucky to be able to ride some of the best motorcycle roads in the country:

In no particular order:

Beartooth Pass
Chief Joseph Scenic Highway
Lolo Pass
Million Dollar Highway
Escalante Highway
St Joe River Rd, ID
Almost every road in BC.
Independence Pass

And so many more...
I must go back..

On the way home we had to take in the Dragon (first time I've ridden it without rain) and the Moonshiner 28 (still awesome!)

Cheers!
I've been on every road on your list above. Love them all! Nice work!