Oct 18th RTE in Carson City, NV

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do you let new (old) guys in? I'd be coming up from Tehachapi so if anybody wants to do a weekend ride from So Cal let me know.

I'll be in New Mexico next weekend so will miss this... but I met Jerry/Slappy in Santa Cruz yesterday... he and his wife recently relocated to Sacramento and are looking for peeps to ride with... I mentioned this ride to him so hopefully he'll find it and chime in so he can meet some of the locals. B)

Im definately in. I may convince the wife if there is good bbq involved. Is there anyone willing to make this a ride from the Sacramento area to Carson City?

Anybody on this list craving BBQ more now than your earlier post?

Might show up:
Sacramento Mike
Bluestreek
JREW
Puppychow
Gbjbany
henwil
gregory

MadMike2

I was planning to be there, but unfortunately another event is going to keep me from going :(

We'll be there. Beemerdons style!

psy-gangnam-style.jpg

(No, in a car.)

Perhaps I can adjust my trip to the Bay Area to include lunch "on the way".

Can any of you Sacramento locals give me a hint about Sunday afternoon traffic heading west from Carson City? I recall at the IBR checkpoint two years ago that it was *crawling* from mid afternoon until after dark. (Yeah, I know. It was July.)

Enquiring minds want to know - and the RTE would be fun!

Can any of you Sacramento locals give me a hint about Sunday afternoon traffic heading west from Carson City? I recall at the IBR checkpoint two years ago that it was *crawling* from mid afternoon until after dark. (Yeah, I know. It was July.)

You'll be riding a motorcycle, right? Traffic never crawls in California when you're on a motorcycle. ;)

It'd be great to meet you. Do it if you can. (OK, traffic might be a little heavy, but probably worse later in the afternoon. This is a lunch get-together so we'll be pretty far down the road by heavy traffic time. AND the motorcycle thing too, of course.)

If you can avoid 80 after Sacramento, do it... it is a clusterf*ck especially on the weekends. Hop over to 5 and that should give you a clean shot down. :)

You'll be riding a motorcycle, right? Traffic never crawls in California when you're on a motorcycle. ;)

It'd be great to meet you. Do it if you can. (OK, traffic might be a little heavy, but probably worse later in the afternoon. This is a lunch get-together so we'll be pretty far down the road by heavy traffic time. AND the motorcycle thing too, of course.)

If you can avoid 80 after Sacramento, do it... it is a clusterf*ck especially on the weekends. Hop over to 5 and that should give you a clean shot down. :)
Haha. Though I tend to plan my riding NOT to coincide with peak traffic hours here in SoCal, I always have a grin on my face while I'm lane sharing.

I tend to view traffic like I do disease: when you can avoid it, do so. But when you can't, be glad your alive.

Thanks for that tip. (I recall from 2013 that the cluster didn't begin to thin until well west of Davis.) I'll be headed to Concord so maybe Hwy 4 from Stockton?

Hope to see y'all in Carson City.

Last edited by a moderator: