Oct 18th RTE in Carson City, NV

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Don, I hold you in such high esteem. You Iron Butt for a hotdog at midnight. I cannot believe the fruitcakes have larger and heavier stones than the pansies.

NorCal people are freaking pansies. My wife and I are at Q's all alone. Solid rain up 50 from Shingle Springs all the way to Carson City. Oh well, maybe will meet up next time.
The meet's Sunday ? You're really early !

Last edited by a moderator:
NorCal people are freaking pansies. My wife and I are at Q's all alone. Solid rain up 50 from Shingle Springs all the way to Carson City. Oh well, maybe will meet up next time.
The meets Sunday ? You're really early !
Dave please don't confuse Slappy, he's a riding friend of johnny80s! JSNS, Wild Men!

WTF with this rain !! Why this fookin weekend ?

Won't be 2 wheelin' - maybe not 3 if it don't clear up.
Bear down Rog, you're a Scouse! JSNS, oi!

996499_10151685098444660_1761210007_n.png
Oh yeah !! Gotta show this to Deb.

Seriously though. We only have about 125 miles on a Spyder so we're at the real top arc of our learning curve. Still spending more time looking at the controls than I should.

Add that to 50, 88, 89, 49 and maybe rain. Besides, I don't want to get this shiny new Garmin Zumo wet . LOL

Well arent I the asshole. Who puts a ride together on a Sunday anyway. Well damn, looks like I have to do this again tomorrow.

This is what happens when you say BBQ to a lad that has been deprived for far to long.

I'm happy to say I can make it to the BBQ. I'll most likely be heading up 20 if there is anyone in my area wanting to meet up.
PM sent John, we're meeting 9:15 in Nevada City

My brother in law has had my FJR for a few weeks so I'll be on my Wingabago. Should I park across the street, or around back? = /.
Hippos get front row parking.

WTF with this rain !! Why this fookin weekend ?
Won't be 2 wheelin' - maybe not 3 if it don't clear up.
Easy big Rog, tomorrow will be a dry day (mostly). Bring the new toy and we'll let you park next to the Wingabago section
smile.png

PS I suspect this is at noon but didn't see a time posted by Uber

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Slappy" data-cid="1265368" data-time="1445111340"><p>

NorCal people are freaking pansies. My wife and I are at Q's all alone. Solid rain up 50 from Shingle Springs all the way to Carson City. Oh well, maybe will meet up next time.</p></blockquote>

You are a day early, and of course that is our fault... smh... :)

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Slappy" data-cid="1265368" data-time="1445111340"><p>NorCal people are freaking pansies. My wife and I are at Q's all alone. Solid rain up 50 from Shingle Springs all the way to Carson City. Oh well, maybe will meet up next time.</p></blockquote>

You are a day early, and of course that is our fault... smh...
smile.png
It's cool Sam, remember the unwritten rule about buying if you show up on the wrong day. ;)

Yea, especially because they could have stopped here at my place off of 50 and toured the local microbreweries and stayed out of the rain.

My brother in law has had my FJR for a few weeks so I'll be on my Wingabago. Should I park across the street, or around back? = /.
Hippos get front row parking.
Yeah we painted the front row blue for just you, you shouild fit right in that handicap stall !
coolsmiley02.gif

I've been stranded away from my house because of the mudslide on Hwy 58. I left to see my grandkid on Thursday for the day and just got back home tonight. That puts me out for tomorrows Q ride. I'd really like to meet up with someone who has handlebar risers so I could check out the seating position vs stock. looking for a little relief in that area. Is anybody going to the Clearwater light BBQ next Saturday?

I'm sure SacMike and others will be there.

I have other plans for that Saturday but I live close to Clearwater and could maybe swing by for a moment.

I have Heli risers on the bike..I don't charge for sit down time
smile.png

I'll PM you.

I'll be at the Clearwater BBQ on Saturday the 24th too (starts at 11:00). And I also have risers on my Gen I, if that will help you decide about them on your '14, oneway. Too bad about the slides--looks pretty awful in places.

The rest of you, see you around noon. Rain or shine.

Well, poop.

I should be leaving in about 30 minutes, but just checked the Wx: T-storms in San Bernardino through about 0900. Same in Lost Angeles. So I'm gonna delay my departure 24 hours and meander up Hwy 1 to the Bay Area tomorrow.

Sorry to miss the BBQ & gathering, but when Mother Nature decides to bless us with possible rains of biblical proportions, I'll vote yes and change plans.

Just out of curiosity, did one of you NorCal's invite a Canadian to this event? Usually when an FJR Forum Event gets rained out, it is because there is a Canuck Feejer in the Woodpile! JSNS, Hosers eh!