• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

OEM Left Side Saddlebag, Gen II

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad German

Reaction score
I have an OEM Yamaha Gen II FJR saddlebag for sale. The bag's latching mechanism has the dreaded "jumped a tooth" condition. I tried to repair it, but was unsuccessful.

The case lid, however, is in really good shape. There is a scuff mark on the cover and on the rubber "Yamaha" bumper, but from more than a foot or so away, you cannot see it. This case would make a good "donor case" if anyone needs a new lid. They are pretty pricey from Yamaha, so this might do the trick for you.

The bag does not come with a lock, I removed it to install on my new bags.

Asking $125 plus shipping. If you need more information or want a particular picture, please let me know.

Thanks for looking.

22785d1437873665-sale-oem-left-side-saddlebag-gen-ii-fjr-left-bag3.jpg

22777d1437873665-sale-oem-left-side-saddlebag-gen-ii-fjr-left-bag2.jpg

22769d1437873665-sale-oem-left-side-saddlebag-gen-ii-fjr-left-bag1.jpg

Bump. No one needs a saddlebag lid? $100 + shipping. I'll separate the lid from the damaged saddlebag to save on shipping if anyone's interested.

I'm updating the ad to clarify the condition of the case. to be up front with you about the condition of the case. I took a look at it last night and it appears that the previous owner trimmed the "locking tab" ( the part that protrudes from the bottom of the case to lock it to the bottom of the bike's subframe) in order to compensate for the latching mechanism jumping a tooth.

I can't make any warranty at all on the case locking to the bike properly. That's why I said it'd be a perfect case for a donor lid. I just want to be upfront about the condition of the case so any buyer knows that they are essentially buying a decent lid attached to a non-working case.

Apologies for any potential confusion my initial ad may have caused.