• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

OEM Top Case/mounting rack and Touring rack

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbyr

Reaction score
OEM Tail trunk in Cerulean Silver originally off an ’03 Gen 1 with mounting rack and all hardware. This has been used maybe ten times. It only came into play when my wife and I were off on longer tours. Mounting rack fits Gen 1 (had one) Gen 2 (have one) and I believe Gen 3. No scratches, no dents, in the top case, pristine. Comes with one key. In addition, included: a touring plate designed to sit atop the mounting rack for the OEM top case. Since the OEM top case really doesn’t handle big ticket items like tents/poles, sleeping bags, pads, stoves and cookware one might need rallying or camping, I’ve created a 20”X12” aluminum diamondplate rack which mounts directly to the OEM top case mounting rack using the existing threaded holes and including its own hardware. I have carried duffels safely to 65lbs (don’t ask} on this touring plate and it has tie downs incorporated into it surface and is designed for ROK straps, though others might suffice. Mounted under the diamondplate are two screwtop “cannisters”. I used them for a 1 ltr gas canister and qt of water (ride in the S/W) tho the possibilities (tool rolls, other types of liquid) are endless. It takes 5 minutes to convert from touring plate to top case since they both incorporate the OEM mounting rack. $400 includes shipping lower 48. Won’t separate, so if you have no need for the rack and never haul furniture on the FJR this is not for you! Again, all hardware included. Will take me a few days for finding a box and packing this so bare with me.

bob

[email protected] for pics as I've found this forum is unfathomable for posting pics..

20160516_145707_zpszdx0fpsp.jpg

20160516_145650_zpsyatncpbm.jpg

20160516_124919_zpsyz4nnetl.jpg

20160516_124813_zpsor6eehss.jpg

plate%201_zps1ucxdejk.jpg