Ohio FJR Owners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure, just as long as you don't ride slower than I do, and don't smell like old people, you're more than welcome!!
That's cold, man. ;)

I might be close on both counts. I'm pretty slow and I'm gettin' up there. Dunno if I stink yet since my sniffer has never been that discerning.

How is it being a geek in Columbus these days? It's not too bad in Salt Lake right now but I suspect we're heading for some rough times. What flavor are you? J2EE?

BTW - I got "started" at Riverside a long, long time ago.

we'll let you come riding, if we can come out there and go skiing :yahoo:
It's a deal! But don't discount the riding here in Utah. When it's not snowing we've got some fine pavement.

Cheers.

I might be close on both counts. I'm pretty slow and I'm gettin' up there. Dunno if I stink yet since my sniffer has never been that discerning.
Well, we'll give you a break since you moved from Ohio to such a beautiful area. But, if you DO smell like old people, the purchase of gratuitous amounts of good beer will score you many points. I am speaking only for myself, of course. :rolleyes:

How is it being a geek in Columbus these days? It's not too bad in Salt Lake right now but I suspect we're heading for some rough times. What flavor are you? J2EE?
I've actually been out of the tech world for several years. In The Day, I was a HPUX & Progress (4GL & RDBMS) guy. But, that background and nuts & bolts geeky knowledge serve me well nowadays.

BTW - I got "started" at Riverside a long, long time ago.
They've grown and added on. If you haven't been here in a while, it's impressive.

we'll let you come riding, if we can come out there and go skiing :yahoo:
It's a deal! But don't discount the riding here in Utah. When it's not snowing we've got some fine pavement.

Cheers.
Utah is on the list. Anytime Susie or I see a RR with pics from out there, we both start jonesing...

I'm in for a spin. And for everyone who's interested in how Tom got his nickname" TOM the TURTLE" all you have to do is ride with him one time.

It's agononizing to have to wait for him all the time.................. or is it him waiting for me?????????????????? One or the other, I can't remember it was 2 months ago.... Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!!!!!!! Dave

Guys-Ramble Date in SE OH is June 5-6. Hope to see you guys there.

In the interim, I don't see anything stopping us from going on a casual day ride once the weather clears. Or meet at QSL or sumthin' for dinner over the winter

BTW, I'm another geek here in Columbus, original owner of an 03. Wife rides an 06 VFR.

Since we had some pretty good weather today I took a ride down to the Hocking Hills.I was just planning on taking a 50 mile loop on 555,78,Athens Rd and Congo Rd,but it felt so good to be riding that it ended up being a 150 mile ride.

If you do get out on these roads in the winter months watch out for sand.They seem to be using a lot more sand than cinders this year....it makes it a little harder to see a good line.But it was still fun,just a little tricky in spots.BTW,I had the KLR instead of the FJR....it's cheaper to fix if I should go down and I wanted to check out the view from a piece of land I have on 78...that takes a little riding through a field.

Happy Holidays everyone.