Only in North Texas........."Affluenza"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel78362

Reaction score
This Joke is so funny.................but, It's no joke:

A North Texas 17 year old male was sentenced to 10 years probation for killing 4 in a drunk driving accident. The judge accepted the defense claim ( "back up by "experts" ) that the youth suffered from a condition called "Affluenza".

Roughly: he was raised by "affluent" parents who instilled the notion that "money can get you out of anything".........roughly.

He will spend the next year or so in a 450,000 dollar a year resort/rehab in Southern Cali..........paid for by Mommy and Daddy.

Ain't this a great country or what??????????

Seriously: Shame, Shame, Shame

To All: Be Good, Be Safe......Very Safe

Daniel78362

I just saw that on the news, 10 years probation?

Should be 10 years in jail.

For each person he killed.

News said DA wanted 20 years, I wonder how much the Judge made on this deal.

What happened to Texas justice??

Last edited by a moderator:
Essentially, if he is innocent because his parents did not teach him right from wrong,,,,, well then his parents are guilty of vehicular manslaughter. Ultimately, somone has to be held accountable. You can't just kill 4 people and have nobody do some time.

Can you?????????

Ever teacher would understand this: you give me 5 minutes in the same room with the parents, and I'll usually be able to understand exactly why junior acts the way he does.

Gary

darksider #44

Apparently there was some political clout attached to the money.

Money and who you know in high places can bypass justice.

This kid will never nave respect for anything or anyone.

Given time this kid will get into more trouble because he thinks he is above it all.

I just hope that more people do not suffer because of his silver spoon upbringing.

Status
Not open for further replies.