Original Battery

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJrider1

Reaction score
I'm reading some battery threads and just realized I still have the original battery in my 03.

Only had one issue about a year ago where I left the key on and killed the battery, left it on the tender over night

and have not had any issue's since. Should I wait or be proactive?

Whenever the bike is in the garage it's on the BT.

I'm reading some battery threads and just realized I still have the original battery in my 03.
Only had one issue about a year ago where I left the key on and killed the battery, left it on the tender over night

and have not had any issue's since. Should I wait or be proactive?

Whenever the bike is in the garage it's on the BT.
You were good until you wrote this! Now you're screwed!

FJrider1: I am afraid that he is dead right on this one, now that you have mentioned it out loud your battery is toast! Sunday morning I took the battery tender leads off of my 2003 FJR "Lucy Liu" and rode her down to the curb. Went inside for my riding gear and then the battery would not turn her over. However, I did get five years and two months out of the original battery so I can't complain too much. Called Jeff at Bike Effects and he is sending me a new battery muy pronto!