Oxidation

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sullivan

Reaction score
Always at the last hour. Changing the tires and the 4mm allen rounded the abs sensor screw/bolt. Arghh. Fast forward that the first 3/8" external ezout failed. The second, Milwaukee from Hdepot worked. Thank goodness. Will use nickel never seize.
Off to the Pacific Saturday after upgrading from RoadSmart3 to 4.
1000000859-jpg.5050
1000000865.jpg1000000858.jpg

Attachments

• 1000000859.jpg
    1000000859.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 163
Yep, some of the OE screws are pretty soft. Nice job getting it out! My local mom and pop hardware store has a great assortment of ss metric fasteners. I've replaced the usual suspects with either pan head or socket head ss fasteners...no more worries.

If I read it right, safe travels and have a great trip out west!

~G

Personal rule for me... have the bike ready for a trip at least 2 weeks before a trip and don't touch it except for a test run and to fill the tank.

Glad you were able to get it sorted. Have a great trip.
I was gonna say the same thing.

Next tool for the toolbox could be a thin chisel, the metal working kind. A quick rap or two to notch the head and you can sometimes tighten up the hole enough for the wrench to work. Or you can use said notches to tap the screw head CCW to loosen it. 1 chisel replaces many different sized specialty removal tools.