Paint Stick/Touch-up for 06?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdisher

formerly Renegade, get used to it.
Reaction score
Need a source for a paint stick or touch-up paint for an 06 (blue one)

Anyone gots?

Yeah I dropped the damn thing, of course my Skyway frame sliders came in the day after I left on my trip. @$#%@%@$#%

I'm 99% sure the fairing will buff out, but the mirror, oh the left side mirror is toast. I'll probalby have to replace that. :angry2:

Anyone know if the skyway sliders actually protect the mirror too from a simple fall over? I have them here in a box and haven't put them on yet. But will today.

-MD

https://colorrite.com/
Call the guys at Color Rite you can get the exact base color, top color and clear all in stick / marker form and they also have larger quantities for other painting needs.

Thank you fellas.... I grabbed an Chevy Indigo Blue paint stick from Auto Zone, for $5.77...

Wow, damn near perfect match. The place where the scratches are no one will ever notice. Even on the back of the mirror looks damn good. A little rubbing and buffing and I don't need to buy a new one.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I'll order up the real thing from Colorright next time if it's not too pricy.

Anyone know if the skyway sliders actually protect the mirror too from a simple fall over? I have them here in a box and haven't put them on yet. But will today.

-MD

Don't ask how I know....lol...YES they will protect.....only thing I scratched was the luggage....love Sky's sliders...

Need a source for a paint stick or touch-up paint for an 06 (blue one)
Anyone gots?

Yeah I dropped the damn thing, of course my Skyway frame sliders came in the day after I left on my trip. @$#%@%@$#%

I'm 99% sure the fairing will buff out, but the mirror, oh the left side mirror is toast. I'll probalby have to replace that. :angry2:

-MD
Did the same thing... 2 months old, asphalt gave away under center stand. Bummer :angry2: Fell on a gravel bed. Right side fairing and saddle bag scratched. Broke mirror as well. Found the exact colors here:

https://www.colorrite.com/product_info.php?products_id=1135

Beware :eek: : Yamaha 0996 Dark Purplish Blue Metallic U (DPBMU) #5254 ABSOLUTELY requires the base color #1254. Otherwise, you will end up with a slightly lighter blue... Like ME. :angry2: I thought I would not need it but learned it the hard way. I purchased the touch up pen and the aerosol can.

I also recommend the clear coat touch up pen and aerosol. Follow the instructions that come with the pens and aerosol and the finish is very very nice.

Still waiting for the right hand mirror though. But was surprised at the price: $95 Canadian, roughly $US 80. Not too bad. A mirror for a BMW R1150RT is $US 250!.

Good luck.

Cuneyt

-MD

Don't ask how I know....lol...YES they will protect.....only thing I scratched was the luggage....love Sky's sliders...
I beg to differ.
Mine went over when the front wheel dropped into a crevasse 10 minutes after parking it on a Montreal street and the mirror and stator cover have been ordered - the slider can be buffed.

The bags were off the bike, which could be the reason. Had they been on, it wouldn have been more than a $100 mirror I'm replacing.

Last edited by a moderator:
ronjrieth,

I know from experience (doh!!) that the Skyway sliders protect VERY WELL in a static drop -

Unless you know where to look, you can't tell I dropped my bike. The ONLY contact points were the slider, and the left bag lid. That's all.

ronjrieth,
I know from experience (doh!!) that the Skyway sliders protect VERY WELL in a static drop -

Unless you know where to look, you can't tell I dropped my bike. The ONLY contact points were the slider, and the left bag lid. That's all.
Ditto!